11, 13, 15, or 17 inch

Arcticfo

Simply put what is your screen size of choice. It's an interesting answer and I personally find myself leaning towards 11 to 13.

So what Do you guys think about it is bigger better or is small all the rage.

"I don't know, isn't that Brilliant, I love not knowing keeps me on my toes." David Tennant

15, just sayin, once you go big, you wont want to go small

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

11 is too small, and 15+ inch laptops are too heavy (even the ultrabooks). 13.3-14 is perfect for me.

13. Just portable enough cause the only time i'll use a laptop is when i'm not at home to use my desktop

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

11 or 13 would be my preference. I have a 17 incher and it's horrible to bring when I travel.

Personally, resolutions plays a bigger part for me, especially with 14" laptops, I really see the pixels on a 133X768 dislplay. My laptop has a 11.6" screen though I only really do light tasks with it. As a laptop to do a decent amount of productivity 14" with 1600X900 resolution would be beautiful. 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

12". The exact size of most of the Thinkpad X series laptops. 14.1" is the maximum I would go.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

11-13". Laptops are supposed to be portable.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

(this isn't a poll?) (Edit: there it is! Nice!)

It really depends on what I would need to use it for.. For portability and general use, I like a 13" or 14" laptop (11 just feels to small). For gaming (for situations in which you can't have a desktop), a 17" screen can really help you see what you need to see, and larger laptops usually offer much stronger hardware.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

11" is perfect if you are looking for a very portable laptop. 15" and up is more like a "portable" desktop replacement, i.e. if you need the power on the go.

I personally had 13" notebooks for the last 7 years and just switched to a 11" Macbook Air. It is just the perfect size and wieght to carry around with you ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

(this isn't a poll?) (Edit: there it is! Nice!)

It really depends on what I would need to use it for.. For portability and general use, I like a 13" or 14" laptop (11 just feels to small). For gaming (for situations in which you can't have a desktop), a 17" screen can really help you see what you need to see, and larger laptops usually offer much stronger hardware.

Yeah figured I should probably add one haha. Alright guys lot of great answers here keep 'em coming.

"I don't know, isn't that Brilliant, I love not knowing keeps me on my toes." David Tennant

Hm, I like them all for diffrent reasons, but I think that I prefer 11 or 13 inches

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Personally I have a 14in 16:10 currently, but I can't stand 15.6+ for laptops. Their meant for mobility and should be used for it imo.

13.3 or 14.1 for me, with a good resolution that is. I take my laptop with me most of the time, so it has to be portable.

Meh, it depends. there's pros and cons for each size... though right now i'm using a 15.6" laptop.

14'' seems like the best size for me.

I'm using a 15.6'' right now, and it's just a tad too heavy.

13'' is too small to run a display at native 1080p,and 17'' doesn't fit in my backpack so for me 15'' it is. Though if I was traveling a lot and didn't want to do anything serious, 12''-13'' would be ideal.

"No signature"

Great answers guys this has really been useful in understanding what each size is optimal for and what each of you think of them. 13 inch has a clear lead with 15 in 2nd thanks for the help guys