Really Stupid...

lopj245

You shouldn't give him a refund because hes an idiot. Just be like I'm sorry you broke your computer but it was working 100% when i gave it to you as far as your concerned he broke it so his problem not yours.

*Tries to fit GPU in a PCIe x1 slot*

*Doesn't fit*

*Cuts conector to PCIe x1*

Linus has actually cut the pcie slot on an old motherboard to fit a longer card and surprisingly it actually works. So the card was partially connected or something and it ran at a lower speed but it still worked. 

Some people just don't need to have a pc. 

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have a pc.

CPU: i7 5930k @4.3 GHz, Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe, RAM: 32 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport ddr4 (2400 MHz), GPU: 2 x Gigabyte gtx 970 G1 Gaming @ 1500 MHz,

Case: Corsair obsidian 750d, Storage: Samsung 850 Pro ssd (512GB) and 3TB WD Black, PSU: Coolermaster v850, Display: Asus Rog swift,                             

Cooling: Coolermaster Nepton 280L, Keyboard: Corsair Vengence K70 RGB (Mx-red), Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Optical, Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR paired with Audioengine A5+ 

I'm trying to figure out how someone that dumb has access to money to build a new pc.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

No refund was given. I got a few laughs out of it in the end. 

Pro tip, take time stamped photos of things condition before giving them

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No refund was given. I got a few laughs out of it in the end. 

I would have asked for more money for the trouble of coming to his house and troubleshooting the OBVIOUS mess :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why do people who can't even put a CPU into the socket properly want to build a PC?

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Holy crap that slap from the end , where is that from?

Dunno

Interested in Business and Technology

Why do people who can't even put a CPU into the socket properly want to build a PC?

Because obviously they have a fast pc, so through osmosis he absorbed the knowledge that machine had to offer. He just screwed it up here, and there, and there, and a little over there.

That story was hard to read, sorry that you were put in that situation. Don't ever talk to that guy again haha. Hopefully he doesn't ruin your reputation.

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

I'm in 11th grade and I'm known as the "tech-guy", people come to me when they have problems be it a phone or a computer. This lad came to me wanting to build a custom pc. Ok, I picked out his parts, ordered them and built it. Everything was working 100%, I ran all the benchmarks. 

Prime 95 Furmark, fire strike, memtest etc. I give him the system and he was thinking ohhh I have a custom built PC so now I know everything. He went to best-buy, bought thermal compound and put it on the cpu. The next day he came to school telling me he had problems. I told him I would look things over and if need be RMA something. It was working before he put the thermal compound on so I started with the CPU. What I found was a mess. The socket was covered in it. He even put it on the pads of the i3 thinking the thermal compound on both sides would give him double the performance. RMA option is now gone.. Maybe I could clean it up some but ohh wait, he bend almost every pin on the mobo.. I tell him he needs a new mobo, maybe cpu and he tells me he wants a FULL refund as it's my fault and I broke it. 

Last time I talked to him. 

Custom builds are sold as-is, almost universally.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

*Tries to fit GPU in a PCIe x1 slot*

*Doesn't fit*

*Cuts conector to PCIe x1*

Linus has actually cut the pcie slot on an old motherboard to fit a longer card and surprisingly it actually works. So the card was partially connected or something and it ran at a lower speed but it still worked.

I have seen/heard this before, both actually.

Cutting the slot isn't really a big deal, all you are doing is is turning it into open ended pcie slot.

Cutting down a card on the other hand that's a big deal. I haven't seen this done in a while, but likely it works the same now as it did before. All you are doing is removing data connections, the card should default down to whatever it is cut down to, that and you are destroying a perfectly good card. The only time I had seen this done was with a mid tier card where cutting the slot wasn't an option due to board components being in the way. This method I find is stupid versus getting another motherboard or using a riser.

Any idea why they even chose to add thermal paste... At all? It was all assembled in working order so... Wha?

Custom builds are sold as-is, almost universally.

yeah, usually they only come with the original per-part warranty (which is arguably better)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Always is. Then you don't have to find the builder to fix. Plus OPs "friend" knows everything about pcs don't forget ;)

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Wow... I wish something like tgis happen to me ao I could tell him he the biggest idiot that earth ever witness xD

This is why I tell my friends to dont touche anything on teir PC until I tell them it is ok to xD.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb