Computers and macs

fruit loops are my kink

whats the difference between a computer and a mac cuz my friends tell me to get a mac because its basically the same as a computer so whats the actual difference?

The Operating System

PCs can run Windows and Linux (Yes you can hack Mac OS X on there but there is no support for that).

Macs are PCs which run Mac OS X and are built and designed by Apple

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

nb4 war

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

yeh but whats the real difference if they are basicall ythe same cuz i can just carry around a mac easier than a laptop or computer so it kinda makes more sense dont ya think?

yeh but whats the real difference if they are basicall ythe same cuz i can just carry around a mac easier than a laptop or computer so it kinda makes more sense dont ya think?

As I said the OS Installed, Please learn to read all previous comments.

If you would like to know the differences between Mac OS X and Windows read this:

http://www.wikivs.com/wiki/Apple_Mac_OS_X_vs_Microsoft_Windows

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

whats the difference between a computer and a mac cuz my friends tell me to get a mac because its basically the same as a computer so whats the actual difference?

OS and price

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

but wats OS? i dont know much about this stuff. I posted to be a bit better educated than OS and price to be honest

Macs are computers. But, what's different with a mac is that they are extremely overpriced, run A different OS, have good build quality, and usually thermal throttle

A PC is always better because of the upgradability, and they are able to run Windows, a much less locked down OS

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Depends what you will use it for, because if you're a gamer you'll want PC over Mac. Mac's are better for graphics creation/video editing/etc. If you just want one for Microsoft Office or something similar then either would be fine, but you'll pay extra for a Mac.

Macs are computers. But, what's different with a mac is that they are extremely overpriced, run A different OS, have good build quality, and usually thermal throttle

A PC is always better because of the upgradability, and they are able to run Windows, a much less locked down OS

So your saying i should get a PC?

Depends what you will use it for, because if you're a gamer you'll want PC over Mac. Mac's are better for graphics creation/video editing/etc. If you just want one for Microsoft Office or something similar then either would be fine, but you'll pay extra for a Mac.

video editing would be what im kind of after but can you not do video editing on a PC?

i know OS is operating system and that but which one would be better and why?

If you're going for a laptop that can play games and media on i'd recommend a mid-range windows laptop.

If you're looking to spend a bit more money for build quality and portability, then choose a macook..

Windows laptops/desktops definitely deliver more bang for you buck and a more complex/unlocked OS.

I'd stick with a PC.

video editing would be what im kind of after but can you not do video editing on a PC?

You can, for example I use my PC to  create videos using Sony Vegas, but Mac's are supposed to me more focused on things like that rather than a PC which tries to do everything. 

You can, for example I use my PC to  create videos using Sony Vegas, but Mac's are supposed to me more focused on things like that rather than a PC which tries to do everything. 

so if a mac is better focused on video and sound editing then should i go for that? I want the best possible outcome for the editing for my youtube channel im starting which will be focused on PS4 gaming only. I dont usually game on PC mainly because i like to chill on my couch while i game and chilling with a PC doest give the same effect as when im just holding a controller.

so if a mac is better focused on video and sound editing then should i go for that? I want the best possible outcome for the editing for my youtube channel im starting which will be focused on PS4 gaming only. I dont usually game on PC mainly because i like to chill on my couch while i game and chilling with a PC doest give the same effect as when im just holding a controller.

Like I said, choosing between PC and Mac comes down to personal preference, I'm just saying you should consider what you are going to use it for.

Like I said, choosing between PC and Mac comes down to personal preference, I'm just saying you should consider what you are going to use it for.

Video editing and maybe sound editing if thats possible. Im just not sure which would give me the best quality

Video editing and maybe sound editing if thats possible. Im just not sure which would give me the best quality

or would it be the same quality regardless?

or would it be the same quality regardless?

OSX has a superior audio stack and likely will continue to for a long time, so sound people love using Macs for that kind of work. Some people just prefer how Final Cut Pro works for video. Its all preference. 

Their laptops all come with calibrated panels out of the box (and some of the best in the business), so if you like editing on the go, its a nice choice.

I was in the market for a powerful, 15" laptop that had great battery life AND power That narrowed me down to stuff like the Blade, the Alienware 17 and the rMBP. The Alienware went out since it was chunky. The Blade and rMBP were left. In the end, I went with what I can run all OSs on - the Mac. 

Personal preference. For me, it was a 2k proposition anyways. Means nothing what I get. I just had a better workflow on OS X, so that was that. And yes, spare me from the "LOL YOU COUL BUILD BETTER DESKTOP". I know that. A powerful desktop however is useless when I'm on the road. 

OSX has a superior audio stack and likely will continue to for a long time, so sound people love using Macs for that kind of work. Some people just prefer how Final Cut Pro works for video. Its all preference. 

Their laptops all come with calibrated panels out of the box (and some of the best in the business), so if you like editing on the go, its a nice choice.

I was in the market for a powerful, 15" laptop that had great battery life AND power That narrowed me down to stuff like the Blade, the Alienware 17 and the rMBP. The Alienware went out since it was chunky. The Blade and rMBP were left. In the end, I went with what I can run all OSs on - the Mac. 

Personal preference. For me, it was a 2k proposition anyways. Means nothing what I get. I just had a better workflow on OS X, so that was that. And yes, spare me from the "LOL YOU COUL BUILD BETTER DESKTOP". I know that. A powerful desktop however is useless when I'm on the road. 

yeah i get what you mean. I appreciate all the help from other posts but i think that the Mac would suit me better cuz im probably never gunna use a PC for gaming or anything. so i think ill go with the mac. cheers for the help though guys. also this is going to sound a bit bad because im basically self advertising but if you would like to check out my channel on youtube. then look up PS4 Game Labs. its pretty new and just started up. my mate used his PC for editing but he told me get a Mac so thats why i came here. Anyway thanks again i appreciate it

It sounds like you could go for either. If primarily for video editing, both are equally good. People may say this is better or that is better (and there will be truth to those arguments), the bottom line is you will get perfectly acceptable results with either.

So which one should you go for? I personally like windows as it is the most supported OS in terms of 3rd party programs. If you are looking for some obscure program, chances are it will always be available for Windows but not necessarily OSX or Linux.

Then there is the look and feel of the OS. This is just personal choice.

Then there is what your peers are using. If everyone around you is on OSX and you are working on Windows, you may come into porting issues when trying to share project files (double check that with more knowledgeable people though - I don't use video editing software much). 

Then there is price. That again is up to you.

Hope this helps.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700