Cooler Master Silencio 652S

I kinda have high expectations for this case... Guess H440 and R5 are still the kings.

Would you consider those better, even considering the pretty price gap?

And as a personal question:

Would you consider those better, when you have cats? Linus said something about stepping on the powerbutton, something I hadn't considered when looking at the R5. But the dust filters on the R5 make for a cathairless case... Those difficult choices in life xD

Would you consider those better, even considering the pretty price gap?

And as a personal question:

Would you consider those better, when you have cats? Linus said something about stepping on the powerbutton, something I hadn't considered when looking at the R5. But the dust filters on the R5 make for a cathairless case... Those difficult choices in life xD

The Silencio 652 is priced similarly with the H440/Define R4/R5.

And I would go with the H440/R4/R5 route, and if a cat powering the system on/off is a serious concern, then just connect the reset button to the power button's header -- problem solved.

Honestly, I don't think the Silencio 652 has a leg to stand on at it's $120~ price tag...if it was $60~ (and the 352 was like $40~), then I could see it being an option; but at $120 and $70 respectively, they're just horribly priced. (I'm assuming the 352 is just a smaller version of the 652 -- I haven't actually looked into it.)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Wow, Cooler Master seemed to disappoint a bit with this case.. That's not a good thing to hear. No intake mesh is kinda make-or-break for me. Hopefully V2. will come out soon with the necessary tweaks for it to be a big player in the silence optimized case game.

Also, @nicklmg - bit of a typo in the description sentence

LSdKLSv.png

Unless you're talking about the part of a flower that makes pollen, I think it should be spelled "another" ;)

Goodness, posting the wrong video AND misspelling a word? I wouldnt be surprised if Linus stopped firing Luke and started firing you :P

All jokes Nick, thanks for the video  :D

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Anyone notice that at 7:07 in the video that the rubber grommet broke off? 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

nice case. still love that site panel window. perhaps im too young :D

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Cooler Master NOOOOOOOOOO!  You made a plain Jane non gamer case.  Please tell me you will still be making cases that look like the HAF 912 and such.  Some gamers want cases that actually LOOK gamer themed.  I disliked this video just to make sure CM knows I won't be buying this and looked forward to more gamer themed cases.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

After buying a CM Storm Trooper when i build my last pc i got turned off CM products quite alot, not a cheap case, but it just feels cheap overall, the bottom dust filter (which is made of cheap plastic) broke the handle the second time i wanted to remove it and you have to put the case on its side even to get it out, the fans in the trooper must have been some of the worse i have ever encountered and all of them failed within 2-3 months, just a few of the many problems :(

Quite suprised when Linus mentioned how CM products are always top quality, guess i might have just been very unlucky when it comes to my case.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

I really see a conflict of interest with this product, linus has some what outlined the poor points of this case.

however this case is featured as a pre roll ad of which he talks it up.

Its all about those volumetric clouds