Razer Deathadder Black Edition Review

pewpewmerica

I am feeling like posting a review for something, so why not.

I have had this mouse for the last ~9 months, and I have to say that I never felt the need for a new mouse since. Anyways, lets get into this.

PROS: 

-Shape

I know that everyone has a diffrent preferance for mouse shapes, but it seems like for me and a lot of my friends there isnt a better mouse shape than this.

It works for all grips, especially for my relaxed palm grip.

-Long Lasting

Even though I know that 10 months isnt a lot, I have accidently poured a lot (more than I want to admit) of drinks onto it, it works as well as when I got it.

-Price

60 bucks is definetly a fair price

-Looks

DAAAYYYYUUUUM, the mouse still looks as cool as on its first day

CONS:

The only con I have with it is that razer synapse doesnt work for me, but that isnt the mouses fault.

To sum it all up, if you are looking for a mouse that isnt expensive, there is no reason not to go ahead and buy this!

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

To sum it all up, if you are looking for a mouse that isnt expensive, there is no reason not to go ahead and buy this!

yes there is

1. razer 

2. laser based mouse

3. razer

4. razer 

I recommend everyone just get a zowie...

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

yes there is

1. razor 

2. laser based mouse

3. razor

4. razor 

Its Razer

What do you have against Razer

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Its Razer

What do you have against Razer

fix'd

and everything

build quality, overpriced for build quality, shitty everything.

and idc if someone has a razer product and says "ohhh I have had it forever, argument blahblah I like it" then you must have nothing of quality...

fix'd

and everything

and idc if someone has a razer product and says "ohhh I have had it forever, argument blahblah I like it" then you must have nothing of quality...

Personally I'm fine with their cheaper mice but their "high end" stuff is really overpriced 

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Honestly I would stay away from Razer. Bought a Blackwidow, died in 9 months. Got it replaced, that one died in 10. My friend has RMAed his naga twice as well. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Could you give me some idea of what the sides of this mouse feel like?  my only gripe with the deathadder 3500 was with the shiny sides of the mouse. for reference i have a da3500 and a g400

Could you give me some idea of what the sides of this mouse feel like?  my only gripe with the deathadder 3500 was with the shiny sides of the mouse. for reference i have a da3500 and a g400

I cant post pics, but I can tell you that it feels like your thumb kinds sticks to it. Of course, you might have a diffrent hand shape, but thats how it feels to me. It is definetly a diffrent texture than the rest of the mouse.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

IMAG0421_zps0ddf4aaa.jpg

I cant post pics, but I can tell you that it feels like your thumb kinds sticks to it. Of course, you might have a diffrent hand shape, but thats how it feels to me. It is definetly a diffrent texture than the rest of the mouse.

Not really, feels the same to me. Btw Synapse works for me

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

I've had the regular DeathAdder (the 3500dpi infrared sensor) forever, and it's been a fantastic mouse. I don't understand the hate on Razer, some of their stuff is decent quality. The Lycosa keyboard I have is a different story, however. It's been defective since day one and has been collecting dust on a shelf.

Oh, and ybnrmalatall, seriously, please stop posting with purple text. I shouldn't have to resort to highlighting text in order to read something without burning my eyeballs.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

deathadder is the best gaming mouse.

One of the best...

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

Deathadder mice are by far the best mice out there. The 2013 edition proved this once again by having one, if not the best, sensor out of any mice out there.

Their mice have no build quality issues, they do develop the best mice. That's their roots. There is far better options for keyboards, laptops, tablets (Edge lol), and headsets though.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I use a 3.5g deathadder. It has an amazing sensor and I love the shape of it. However, the scroll wheel was never quite right.

there are a lot of people who dont like razer because for the most part there build quality isnt the best.

they claim omron switches in there mice but they seem to break very easily while other manufacturers use the same brand and last 5+years.

for the most part most people i have talked to about razer say they wont be buying a mouse or keyboard from them again. about 50% of them do and again wish they hadnt. so while razer may sell a lot of mice compared to other manufacturers they also have a very high fail rate and very poor customer satisfaction, to me razer are the pc equivalent of the xbox 360 rrd except razer give a much harder time trying to rma stuff.

razer stuff i owned...

lachesis (broke in 7 months)

deathadder (orginal still working)

carchararias (broke 4 weeks after purchase, rma and took 4 weeks for a replacement only to break 8 months later).

destructor mat. (every razor mouse i have tried on it scrapes across it like its on sand paper, but every other brand glides across it like glass).

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

yes there is

1. razer 

2. laser based mouse

3. razer

4. razer 

It's optical.

yes there is

1. razer 

2. laser based mouse

3. razer

4. razer 

It is optical based? not laser

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

It is optical based? not laser

Okay copy what the guy above you said...

I still have 3 opinions stopping me from getting it

as much as you hate razer, they do make some good products and software. The razer deathadder is a tried tested and proven mouse. i have had the 1800dpi and the 2013 edition. My 1800dpi lasted me years before it broke. It wasn't the mouses fault it broke, it was dogs. Chewing the cable. The blackwidow is also a nice keyboard. Excellent Build quality and doesn't move on the table. pretty cheap keyoard considering it is full mechanical, 5 macros and commits no cardinal sins in terms of lay out (looking at you steelseries 7g) Razer synapse 1 was terrible but 2 is awesome now. Nice looking UI and works. Razer surround 7.1 is also an awesome piece of software. Its free and positioning is amazing. It shits on dolby headphones and is almost if not on par with cmss 3d. Mind you I havn't had a creative card in over 1.5 years so i might be remembering wrong. I'm not defending the company as i haven't had to contact support for warranty (only for general questions and they were answered with in 24 business hours) and only have experience with few of there products

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

Well, Razer isn't a bad quality, it just depends on the buyer himself. If he take care of it, it will last for a long time, and Vice Versa.

nope im very light touch with my kit. if i wasnt i would have picked cherry blacks over the cherry reds i currently use on my keyboard.

as fo cardinal sins of there keyboards. there is 1. there gaming matrix. it actually breaks key roll over when your not on the wasd keys. to the point the keyboard will stop reading key combos after 3-4-5-6key presses. i much prefer a keyboard with full nkroll and you wont have any issues.with key combo blocking.,

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

I have had 5 razer deathadder over the past 2 years. The first two were normal razer DA 3k5, they looked terrible after a few months usage. Then i tried DA Black it was awsome, but after ~1 year, the scroll wheel has this problem:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1292857/razer-deathadder-3-5g-mouse-wheel-problem

Sold it and bought a brand new DA black. To my surprise this mouse also had the same scroll wheel problem after 1 week usage. Tired with DA quality control, i then tried out Sharkoon Drakonia mouse. It was cheap but very good mouse. I was happy with it. Then DA 2013 came out and i thought why not gave my old mouse a chance. To my pleasant surprise, my DA 2013 doesn't have like hair trigger side button like a lot of people and even Linus talked about. I guess i won the razer lottery this time. The coating is better than old DA, but not as good nor durable as DA Black. I wish a DA 2013 black edition would come out.

fix'd

and everything

And "idc if someone has" the argument that "all the products I've purchased have poor build quality, high prices and shitty everything therefore all of their products are like that".