Xbox One or go just PC?

Hello I'm unsure if I should buy an Xbox One or just go pc due to console gaming has always been my passion however over the last year I have built up a gaming pc due to the freedom pc gamers have over consoles. The question seems unanswerable to me please help me decide. I do realise posting this on a forum site full of pc gamers isn't going to help the chance of me getting a Xbox One but this is the best place for me to get an answer.

-OneManArmytstead

-_-

*slaps*

you deserve that for even considering console

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

I think it all depends on how much you want those exclusive titles. It also depends on how much you want to spend on a gaming PC. 

Sometimes I like console gaming when I just wanna sink into the couch and when I'm with friends, but for the best gaming experience I'd go PC.

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

I'm personally going to get an Xbox one eventually. Even though I have a pc, there's something about the console experience that just works for me. If there's something you want to play on a console and it's worth it for you to get one then do so. Don't worry about what pc elitists say.

If you are on a budget, get a PlayStation 4. If you're not, get a PC. Don't buy an Xbox One.

This.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If you are on a budget, get a PlayStation 4. If you're not, get a PC. Don't buy an Xbox One.

Unless your friends mainly play Xbox and you like the Xbox exclusives. No point in getting ps4 if you don't like the exclusives and if your friends don't have it. But in the end it's ultimately up to your preference

Unless your friends mainly play Xbox and you like the Xbox exclusives. No point in getting ps4 if you don't like the exclusives and if your friends don't have it. But in the end it's ultimately up to your preference

It's cheaper, will likely have slightly better performance in multiplat games, doesn't require a Kinect sensor to operate, online functionality will work even if you have a speed of less than 1.5Mb/s... etc.

I was an Xbox player. I love Halo and have purchased and thoroughly played each title in the franchise. All of my friends that I speak to and play with also play Xbox. But the Xbox One is an awful device created by a group of people who have completely lost touch with what a gaming console should be.

The fact I will never be allowed to play online on the Xbox One because of ridiculous minimum connection speed requirements is simply the nail in the coffin.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

It's cheaper, will likely have slightly better performance in multiplat games, doesn't require a Kinect sensor to operate, online functionality will work even if you have a speed of less than 1.5Mb/s... etc.

I was an Xbox player. I love Halo and have purchased and thoroughly played each title in the franchise. All of my friends that I speak to and play with also play Xbox. But the Xbox One is an awful device created by a group of people who have completely lost touch with what a gaming console should be.

The fact I will never be allowed to play online on the Xbox One because of ridiculous minimum connection speed requirements is simply the nail in the coffin.

That's still a matter of preference. The OP asked about Xbox or PC so it can be assumed that he's not entirely interested in the PS4. The stuff about the X1 doesn't bother me too much except for the requirement of using kinect, but that's something that I can deal with. The OP might feel the same way which is why they are considering getting the console. 

XD this is like the second worst place to ask this (besides Teksyndicate) , ^_^ good luck when your xbone spies on you xD

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I dont really have anything wrong with consoles. But I would recommend a ps4 over Xbox one. Sometimes its just nice to play on a controller and sit on a couch

Sometimes its just nice to play on a controller and sit on a couch

You can do that on PC.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sometimes its just nice to play on a controller and sit on a couch

You can do that on PC.

yes I'm aware that you can but it's nowhere near as convenient. And using a controller on a pc in a game where others are using mouse/keyboard, would get you owned. You would have to be extremely good with a joy stuck to be as accurate as a mouse.

yes I'm aware that you can but it's nowhere near as convenient. And using a controller on a pc in a game where others are using mouse/keyboard, would get you owned. You would have to be extremely good with a joy stuck to be as accurate as a mouse.

Emulators.

Also, I find it "as convenient" in the case of emulators.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

So you already have a one year old gaming PC which would probably turn two by the time the Xbox One comes out? Unless you need an upgrade, just get the Xbox if you have other friends getting it too.

La`~

PC by far this time around. This generation isn't nearly as powerful as the previous gen was tot eh PC's of that generation. The games might look better than last consoles but once we start getting some graphical evolution PC games will still look better. By how much no body knows. The fact that PC gets games like Crysis 3 which the next generation will not be able to run at 30fps at 1080p with maxed out settings tells it all.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

For me, personally, it all depends on the community of gamers. PC gaming generally has a smaller community and voice chat ingame is limited. If you have a group of friends that are also into PC gaming then I would say you should go that route. I think console gaming is definitely better for someone that doesn't have a group of people to play with. Console gaming has better matchmaking with other players and voice chat with teammates.

This is just my opinion. Maybe you like playing games alone. I am a PC gamer but I have a large group of friends that also are also PC gamers. I feel that if I had no one to play with on the PC I would get bored and lonely.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This is all that needs to be said.

It all depends on your personal preference. If you really want the exclusives and don't care about the Kinect having to be connected to use the console, then I would say get the console. If a lot of your friends are going to buy an Xbox One, then that's another scenario when I would get the Xbox. Personally, I'm going to buy the Xbox One at launch with several titles that I'm really interested. The reason for this is because most of friends will be buying one. I also don't really care about the Kinect. At the same time, I will be buying the Hardware for my new gaming PC that I'll be building.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Emulators.

Also, I find it "as convenient" in the case of emulators.

When I said it wasn't as convenient, I was referring to godlygamer23 when he said that you can play pc while on a couch.

I am gonna pretend I didn't even see this thread..