Arma 3 crash on boot

91wow

I am not sure if this should go here or in troubleshooting so I came here to start. Arma 3 seems to not want to launch it instantly crashes saying "Display driver has stopped responding and has repaired 320.18" I have tried everything and it still does it. I am running it off a C2Q at 3.5 GHZ and a GTX 480 (590 tomorrow) and yet it still crashes I know both my GPU and CPU can handle arma 3 with no problem what so ever. So why is this happening?

Launch parameters are as follow:

-nobenchmark -nosplash -noPause -world=empty -noFilePatching -maxMem=2048 -cpuCount=4

Best place to post would be http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?161-ARMA-3-BETA-TROUBLESHOOTING

The official Arma 3 Troubleshooting section. You can create an account and post/search for related topics there, although I'd likely still be one of the people trying to helping ;)

Have you always had this error? Or did it only start to occur once the Beta update was pushed?

Display driver has stopped responding almost always indicates an unstable GPU overclock.

Try lowering your overclock slightly.

The issue might disappear completely once you get your 590.

Try running Furmark and see if your GPU is fully stable.

You can try previous driver versions, see if you get different results.

Which version of the game are you running? Are you on the DEV build, or the Stable build? You can try switching between the two and/or verifying the game through steam.

Have you tried launching the game without using any parameters? Arma 3 is pretty good at auto detecting defaults for stable game launch.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Best place to post would be http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?161-ARMA-3-BETA-TROUBLESHOOTING

The official Arma 3 Troubleshooting section. You can create an account and post/search for related topics there, although I'd likely still be one of the people trying to helping ;)

Have you always had this error? Or did it only start to occur once the Beta update was pushed?

Display driver has stopped responding almost always indicates an unstable GPU overclock.

Try lowering your overclock slightly.

The issue might disappear completely once you get your 590.

Try running Furmark and see if your GPU is fully stable.

You can try previous driver versions, see if you get different results.

Which version of the game are you running? Are you on the DEV build, or the Stable build? You can try switching between the two and/or verifying the game through steam.

Have you tried launching the game without using any parameters? Arma 3 is pretty good at auto detecting defaults for stable game launch.

I am running my 480 at stock, I have tried on the Studio troubleshooting page with no real luck and yes it has always happened. I also didn't buy from steam I bought from the ARMA 3 website it's self just as I did with ARMA and ARMA 2. I am on a stable build and this happened in alpha and beta builds. A lot of people are having this problem with Nvidia cards. I have tried with no Parameters as well and that is why I went to the Parameters is to try and fix it because everywhere I went hey all said "Use -nobenchmark" and it should launch with no problem... Maybe it's just bad luck? I'm not too sure tho... It launches to a black screen then back to desktop as a driver crash.

Thanks for your help none the less tho!

Yeah, everyone suggests -nobenchmark because when Arma launches it does a quick test of your gpu and cpu which can cause on rare occasions the game to crash before it even launches.

I'm assuming your set up works fine for every other game and stress tests.

If you already have a thread created on the BI Forums, post the link so I can see what others have suggested and help bump it up.

Just going through the feedback tracker, there's a few reports opened with dev's trying to help. You can check them out there, provide additional feedback.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view_all_bug_page.php

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8454

You can submit crash logs, dxdiag, and any additional info that might help the devs.

I still think you should give the dev build a try. although it will likely have the same results, they usually push bug fixes there to test long before the stable version. You can change to the dev build through steam by right clicking and going into properties then the beta tab.

What OS are you on? perhaps, make post a copy of your DXDiag.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.