Fractal Define R5 or Corsair 450D?

PlayModeOn

Get the Define R5

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit

Why, what's wrong with it?

I thought the R5 is considered the better looking case. But the 450D still looks good, I just wish they fix the 5.25 bay covers because when you remove them then it looks ugly.

They bay covers aren't that bad if you do a stealth mod on the essentially attaching the front aluminum to the face of the DVD or CD drive when it comes out. Another method if you have inset controls is a magnetic plate which can be pull off in a second to access the controls behind. 

How to do it: -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaNvqDgzv_s-

They bay covers aren't that bad if you do a stealth mod on the essentially attaching the front aluminum to the face of the DVD or CD drive when it comes out. Another method if you have inset controls is a magnetic plate which can be pull off in a second to access the controls behind. 

How to do it: -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaNvqDgzv_s-

Very smart!

Though the lack of side fan mount is a killer for me. Not really a fan of windowed cases.

I have a Cooler Master HAF XM at the moment, I ordered the non-windowed version BUT I received the windowed version instead, they claimed that they didn't have any non-windowed version left so I couldn't RMA it but buy the original side panel from Cooler Master store which cost $15.....and $80 shipping, so I didn't buy a new side panel, I just kept the old one and wait to upgrade to a new case (thus now).

I was pissed off. Why? Because without the side fan mount the case will be running in negative pressure and because of this it is gathering so many dust, I have to clean my case every 3-4 days, I got fed up and that's why I want a new case now. I do know the 450D has bottom fan mount too, but now I want an extra fan on the side just to reassure me that it will be in positive pressure.

My original case, before the HAF XM, is the Thermaltake MS-III, It has a side panel fan mount so it runs in neutral/positive pressure thus I hardly get dust at all. But it has no cable management and watercooling capability that's why I upgraded to he HAF XM only to not receive a proper side panel.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Very smart!

Though the lack of side fan mount is a killer for me. Not really a fan of windowed cases.

I have a Cooler Master HAF XM at the moment, I ordered the non-windowed version BUT I received the windowed version instead, they claimed that they didn't have any non-windowed version left so I couldn't RMA it but buy the original side panel from Cooler Master store which cost $15.....and $80 shipping, so I didn't buy a new side panel, I just kept the old one and wait to upgrade to a new case (thus now).

I was pissed off. Why? Because without the side fan mount the case will be running in negative pressure and because of this it is gathering so many dust, I have to clean my case every 3-4 days, I got fed up and that's why I want a new case now. I do know the 450D has bottom fan mount too, but now I want an extra fan on the side just to reassure me that it will be in positive pressure.

My original case, before the HAF XM, is the Thermaltake MS-III, It has a side panel fan mount so it runs in neutral/positive pressure thus I hardly get dust at all. But it has no cable management and watercooling capability that's why I upgraded to he HAF XM only to not receive a proper side panel.

You can pressure balance your case, by approximating the intake and exhaust of the CFM, if you have the same number of fans as intake and exhaust just run the intakes at a slightly higher RPM to help with positive pressure. Another one is running the rear IO fan as an intake instead of exhaust, having only the top exhaust to help prevent dust.