[Completed Build] Silent But Deadly NZXT H440

No Nrg

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

I've been out of the PC building game for about 10 years. I had to do extensive research to get up to date on what was new in the PC hardware world. After four months of planning and buying I piled up this build. It turned out great so far. OS loads in 12 seconds and everything is snappy and responsive. Haven't put the system through it's paces yet as I don't have a monitor, but plan on 1440p gaming.

CPU - I chose the i5-4690K for it's reasonable price and easy overclocking. I've still not had a chance to nail down the overclock yet, I plan to do that this weekend.

CPU Cooler - The Kraken X41 is well built and was quite easy to install once I went online and used the manual there. Save yourself the frustration and throw the crappy included instructions from the box in the trash, they are worthless. Have it running in a push/pull setup on the rear exhaust vent. Replaced the included NZXT FN V2 fan with an Aerocool DS red LED fan. My CPU stays at 25C while idle. I'll update once I have overclocked and put the CPU under load. The CAM software this comes with works, but is still buggy. The LED control doesn't always work. Fan profile management is well done

MSI Gaming 5 - Well build board and goes well with the black/red color scheme. Bios works as advertised and has full array of options for overclocking.

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 2133 - Good looking, fast memory at a great price. Make sure to check bios upon first start up. The memory defaults to 1600 speed, had it manually adjust to 2133.

Storage - quality Samsung 840 EVO SSD for OS and large 2TB seagate HDD for storage

MSI GTX 980 - great looking card and silent running, doesn't even spin up until it reaches 50C. I had debated between this and a reference blower card due to the closed nature of the case. Glad I chose this as it's a great card. I've had no issues so far with case temps due to aftermarket fan exhaust, will update once I put the system through it's paces.

NZXT H440 - Amazing case, the thing is dead sexy. I'm not too sure what all the worry is on the interwebs about fan constriction. You can feel the air flowing through this case from front to back. All my hardware hold great temps. Cable management took a bit more time and the back is quite tight, but it sure looks clean once you're done. Added an Aerocool DS red LED fan as intake on the top towards center of case.

XFX XTR 750 - Fully modular and has hybrid fan mode, very silent

Wi-Fi adapter - simple, internal and works

CM Storm Devastator keyboard/mouse bundle - quite surprised of the quality of this for $31, great keyboard and mouse

I still haven't settled on a monitor yet. I had my eyes on the 1440p ROG Swift but then Acer went and announced their IPS 1440p g-sync, considering wating until March for that. Currently using an old 1280x1024 monitor I had as a placeholder.

Build issues/Tips - There were a couple things I ran into during this build that anyone using an H440 should consider:

• I read this in reviews so did this had no issues. If you use a modular power supply connect all the cables you need before installing in the case. You'd have quite a hard time getting to the connections due to the shroud.
  • This is specific to the MSI Gaming 5 and H440 - the Gaming 5 USB 3.0 I/O connector is horizontal and the motherboard tray in the H440 is angled where the front side grommets are located. This combined with the stiffness of the H440 USB 3.0 cable made plugging this in with the motherboard screwed in impossible. I bent a couple pins in this connector attempting and had to bend back. I ended up unscrewing the motherboard and lifted it out to get this connector inserted. Save yourself the trouble and connect this plug before screwing a MSI Gaming series motherboard into this case.
  • The H440 bottom cable management holes get pretty crowded once you run all the motherboard I/O, consider this when choosing where to place your SSD in the two 2.5in drive mounts on top of the shroud. I choose the least crowded side.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Oh nice that wants me to get that H440 for myself even more :(

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

I've been out of the PC building game for about 10 years. I had to do extensive research to get up to date on what was new in the PC hardware world. After four months of planning and buying I piled up this build. It turned out great so far. OS loads in 12 seconds and everything is snappy and responsive. Haven't put the system through it's paces yet as I don't have a monitor, but plan on 1440p gaming.

CPU - I chose the i5-4690K for it's reasonable price and easy overclocking. I've still not had a chance to nail down the overclock yet, I plan to do that this weekend.

CPU Cooler - The Kraken X41 is well built and was quite easy to install once I went online and used the manual there. Save yourself the frustration and throw the crappy included instructions from the box in the trash, they are worthless. Have it running in a push/pull setup on the rear exhaust vent. Replaced the included NZXT FN V2 fan with an Aerocool DS red LED fan. My CPU stays at 25C while idle. I'll update once I have overclocked and put the CPU under load. The CAM software this comes with works, but is still buggy. The LED control doesn't always work. Fan profile management is well done

MSI Gaming 5 - Well build board and goes well with the black/red color scheme. Bios works as advertised and has full array of options for overclocking.

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 2133 - Good looking, fast memory at a great price. Make sure to check bios upon first start up. The memory defaults to 1600 speed, had it manually adjust to 2133.

Storage - quality Samsung 840 EVO SSD for OS and large 2TB seagate HDD for storage

MSI GTX 980 - great looking card and silent running, doesn't even spin up until it reaches 50C. I had debated between this and a reference blower card due to the closed nature of the case. Glad I chose this as it's a great card. I've had no issues so far with case temps due to aftermarket fan exhaust, will update once I put the system through it's paces.

NZXT H440 - Amazing case, the thing is dead sexy. I'm not too sure what all the worry is on the interwebs about fan constriction. You can feel the air flowing through this case from front to back. All my hardware hold great temps. Cable management took a bit more time and the back is quite tight, but it sure looks clean once you're done. Added an Aerocool DS red LED fan as intake on the top towards center of case.

XFX XTR 750 - Fully modular and has hybrid fan mode, very silent

Wi-Fi adapter - simple, internal and works

CM Storm Devastator keyboard/mouse bundle - quite surprised of the quality of this for $31, great keyboard and mouse

I still haven't settled on a monitor yet. I had my eyes on the 1440p ROG Swift but then Acer went and announced their IPS 1440p g-sync, considering wating until March for that. Currently using an old 1280x1024 monitor I had as a placeholder.

Build issues/Tips - There were a couple things I ran into during this build that anyone using an H440 should consider:

• I read this in reviews so did this had no issues. If you use a modular power supply connect all the cables you need before installing in the case. You'd have quite a hard time getting to the connections due to the shroud.
  • This is specific to the MSI Gaming 5 and H440 - the Gaming 5 USB 3.0 I/O connector is horizontal and the motherboard tray in the H440 is angled where the front side grommets are located. This combined with the stiffness of the H440 USB 3.0 cable made plugging this in with the motherboard screwed in impossible. I bent a couple pins in this connector attempting and had to bend back. I ended up unscrewing the motherboard and lifted it out to get this connector inserted. Save yourself the trouble and connect this plug before screwing a MSI Gaming series motherboard into this case.
  • The H440 bottom cable management holes get pretty crowded once you run all the motherboard I/O, consider this when choosing where to place your SSD in the two 2.5in drive mounts on top of the shroud. I choose the least crowded side.

one word:  badass

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Hey what do you think about the CM Storm Devastator keyboard/mouse bundle compared to other more expensive keyboards/mouses you may have owned? I'm just getting back into computer FPS games and I'd love to hear. Great looking build by the way, loving the red and black :)

Hey what do you think about the CM Storm Devastator keyboard/mouse bundle compared to other more expensive keyboards/mouses you may have owned? I'm just getting back into computer FPS games and I'd love to hear. Great looking build by the way, loving the red and black :)

It's a great package for the $35 I spent on it. Keyboard has a good feel to it and mouse is light and accurate. Only gripe I have with it is that it is impossible to see keys without backlight on and backlight turns off with every restart. Not a big deal though, one push of the scroll lock key and it comes right back on.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Oh nice that wants me to get that H440 for myself even more :(

The case is well worth it. Went back and forth for a while decided to pull the trigger. Best decision ever!

Have you had any problems with your NZXT x41? Like is it noisy or do you get a grinding sound?

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I love me some H440 builds :wub: I did a black&white build in a H440 but all look smexy as fook :D

I alsof got thuis case, i really LOVE it, quiet, good looking and easy building.

I got the white ons with black/blue accent. With gtx970 and 4820k on p9x79, will upload some pictures later