U.S. Supreme court overturns anti gay marriage laws.

beebskadoo

what's wrong with not being able to marry its not that big a deal is it just that the media has given marriage the image of the holy grain of a relationship?

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

what's wrong with not being able to marry its not that big a deal is it just that the media has given marriage the image of the holy grain of a relationship?

1920's: what's wrong with women not being able to vote? They have equal rights in everything else?

1950's: What's wrong with Blacks being segregated. White people can't go to black schools so it makes sense for blacks not to be able to attend white schools.

1967: Why marry someone of a different race? Not like I would want to.

These are all things that people used to justify discrimination and bigotry. The times change and morality evolves to include everyone. 

Marriage equality isn't just about a status, it's about equality regarding property/tax laws. Ok look at it this way. If my boyfriend were to adopt a child in my state (It doesn't let same sex couples adopt in joint because gay marriage isn't legal in Ohio) I would have no guarantee that I would be given custody of the child if something were to happen to my boyfriend. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

1920's: what's wrong with women not being able to vote? They have equal rights in everything else?

1950's: What's wrong with Blacks being segregated. White people can't go to black schools so it makes sense for blacks not to be able to attend white schools.

These are all things that people used to justify discrimination and bigotry. The times change and morality evolves to include everyone. 

Marriage equality isn't just about a status, it's about equality regarding property/tax laws. Ok look at it this way. If my boyfriend were to adopt a child in my state (It doesn't let same sex couples adopt in joint because gay marriage isn't legal in Ohio) I would have no guarantee that I would be given custody of the child if something were to happen to my boyfriend.

well ok maybe i just don't see it first hand and that's the problem

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

It's possible that one reason the above happened was purely a racists and cultural thing for European descendants because there is no real mention of segregation as we have seen it in the bible,  If fact there are many stories where people intermarried with other races from the time.

But there is that whole interpretation thing about homosexuality. Thus a lot harder for some "types" to reconcile themselves with.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's possible that one reason the above happened was purely a racists and cultural thing for European descendants because there is no real mention of segregation as we have seen it in the bible,  If fact there are many stories where people intermarried with other races from the time.

But there is that whole interpretation thing about homosexuality. Thus a lot harder for some "types" to reconcile themselves with.

God favoring one race of people (jews) untill the new testament when gentiles were considered equals is racist in my mind.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

God favoring one race of people (jews) untill the new testament when gentiles were considered equals is racist in my mind.

Well I believe the reason for this is that the jews of the time were followers of his ideals and his teachings where as other religions were not at the time. I understand what you are saying but in theory to have one religion be completely 100 percent right and the only one right would seem very far fetched now considering the many different beliefs and ideals that people hold now then they did during those times. 

-content hidden-

Err OK

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-content hidden-

sticks and stones you silly goose ^_^

Hail Sithis!

Well I believe the reason for this is that the jews of the time were followers of his ideals and his teachings where as other religions were not at the time. I understand what you are saying but in theory to have one religion be completely 100 percent right and the only one right would seem very far fetched now considering the many different beliefs and ideals that people hold now then they did during those times. 

OR...Maybe they are the ones that devised their religion therefore they made themselves the most important race...just maybe. The chosen people idea isn't exclusive to judeo-christian beliefs. Islam has a similar teaching. All of these religions contain elements  from religions much older than them so it's no surprise to see such a reoccurring theme.

2 biggest themes in religions

1. Your particular belief is the right one and everyone else is deceived.

2. You are special and will be rewarded special benefits for believing in (insert deity name)

The loyalty to ones tribe is what drives these beliefs. A tribe that is more organised and less likely to bicker over beliefs is more likely to survive due to comradery. This is why religion gets so deeply seeded into culture and creed because it brings like-minded people together and drives everyone else out. It's part psychology and part evolution.

Here is a video of some examples of how Judeo-Christianity evolved from earlier belief systems. 

Hail Sithis!

sticks and stones you silly goose ^_^

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but not if I break your bones first.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but not if I break your bones first.

Ima hit u with mah purse! FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Hail Sithis!

OR...Maybe they are the ones that devised their religion therefore they made themselves the most important race...just maybe. The chosen people idea isn't exclusive to judeo-christian beliefs. Islam has a similar teaching. All of these religions contain elements  from religions much older than them so it's no surprise to see such a reoccurring theme.

2 biggest themes in religions

1. Your particular belief is the right one and everyone else is deceived.

2. You are special and will be rewarded special benefits for believing in (insert deity name)

The loyalty to ones tribe is what drives these beliefs. A tribe that is more organised and less likely to bicker over beliefs is more likely to survive due to comradery. This is why religion gets so deeply seeded into culture and creed because it brings like-minded people together and drives everyone else out. It's part psychology and part evolution.

Here is a video of some examples of how Judeo-Christianity evolved from earlier belief systems. 

however you unlike the radical islamic religion you don't have people arming their cars with bombs and killing people thinking they'll have virgins waiting for them on the other side :P

however you unlike the radical islamic religion you don't have people arming their cars with bombs and killing people thinking they'll have virgins waiting for them on the other side :P

You get these people, though.

thank-god-for-dead-soldiers.jpg

keep in mind that if we lived in a church run state where in religious teachings were considered law we would very much be like the Muslim nations that you are speaking of. Remember hearing about the Salem trials and the puritans? do some research into that and you will understand why it is disastrous to have religious rule. The teachings of the bible are just as susceptible to violence as Islam is. I don't think i need to provide specific examples because i have already done that. I guess the best thing for someone to do is read the (insert holy book) and come up with the conclusions themselves. That's what i did and that is how i came to my conclusion.

Hail Sithis!

what one says and what one does are entirely different things. And I have no sympathy for those who have a narrow mind (not talking about you) towards others who do not share the same belief. Those people in that picture are morons. 

keep in mind that if we lived in a church run state where in religious teachings were considered law we would very much be like the Muslim nations that you are speaking of. Remember hearing about the Salem trials and the puritans? do some research into that and you will understand why it is disastrous to have religious rule. The teachings of the bible are just as susceptible to violence as Islam is. I don't think i need to provide specific examples because i have already done that. I guess the best thing for someone to do is read the (insert holy book) and come up with the conclusions themselves. That's what i did and that is how i came to my conclusion.

Oh most certainly there has to be a balance in such a way that democracy continues instead of having a warped democracy that looks more like a dictatorship. 

what one says and what one does are entirely different things. And I have no sympathy for those who have a narrow mind (not talking about you) towards others who do not share the same belief. Those people in that picture are morons. 

Words can still do a lot of damage.

Words can still do a lot of damage.

They can however to let them dictate how we live our lives is not something I will subscribe to. People will love us and hate us always nothing will stop that. What we listen to what we do in our own lives is what we make from it. From one gay wizard to this thread.

tumblr_mdtam7ZsAk1qzub73o1_500.gif

also people who cant accept you for who you are can subscribe to this gif

tumblr_lz36lsbVoN1qixiueo1_500.gif

They can however to let them dictate how we live our lives is not something I will subscribe to. People will love us and hate us always nothing will stop that. What we listen to what we do in our own lives is what we make from it. From one gay wizard to this thread.

tumblr_mdtam7ZsAk1qzub73o1_500.gif

Gandalf got another life though. Lol.

Gandalf got another life though. Lol.

to right you are sir :) but even then he spoke in gayish riddles :P

also people who cant accept you for who you are can subscribe to this gif

If someone can't accept me for who I am, I just do this, and then I never have to talk to them again.

post-1491-0-14178000-1373261947.gif

I would say this is a fringe example much like extremest Muslims are. That being said the reason that groups like this are allowed to have a voice is the freedoms that our secular government have given us. In many middle eastern countries these sort of protests aren't allowed due to how close religion is intertwined with politics and due to the opposition of the main point of view that is held by the culture of those nations. 

Now what is astonishing is what they believe is actually somewhat based on biblical principle. just as extremest muslims still follow the Quran. It is their faith that allows them to believe this nonsense regardless of how fringe and cult-like their ideals are. Faith is a personal thing that doesn't have to answer for itself due to its nature. 

The fact is that MOST christians and Most muslims are decent people, but that is because people can be good not because their beliefs tell them to be 'good' or to not 'sin'. See whether people like it or not there are several billion people in this world that you are accountable to. You have one life to live and why waste it on superstitious nonsense. Why not try to make a difference in the world and to try to make it a better place for you and others around you. :)

Anyway back to the Westboro baptist church...They believe in things that are entirely scripture based because the bible has a lot of wiggle room when it comes to interpretation. there are hundreds of denominations due to this wiggle room. So not only is faith subjective so is the religion that they base their faith on. Vitalius believes the Hebrews of the old testament didn't understand god due to the laws that they were imposing etc. Well he is entitled to that opinion but that is just one way of showing the wiggle room that i mentioned. See I believe they used god as an excuse to force their beliefs violently onto others just to gain power and control. This goes back to the tribal mindset that i mentioned a few posts ago. What better way to gain power than to brainwash people into thinking that the laws are given by god and therefore no matter how barbaric they are they must be followed under penalty of death.

Hail Sithis!

Nobody listens to what these people say though, because everyone knows they're crazy. They can bad mouth fags all day long for all I care, they're not going to make a difference.

That being said, if I ever get a bf I'm going to make a goal of mine to walk into the WBC and have sex in their church toilets. :D

Nobody listens to what these people say though, because everyone knows they're crazy. They can bad mouth fags all day long for all I care, they're not going to make a difference.

That being said, if I ever get a bf I'm going to make a goal of mine to walk into the WBC and have sex in their church toilets. :D

That is both hot and amazing  :lol:

Hail Sithis!

If you listened to those people you'd be hard pushed to work why God created so much he hates. 

Most of these extremists have an IQ barely north of a tomato, they give humans a bad name let alone religions.  Just like holier than thou activists from all walks of life, if they ever worked out how to look even slightly intelligent they'd be very dangerous.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.