Can't decide between 960 or 970 STRIX

Lets wait and see shall we?

Nvidia can launch a gtx 970 TI for all we know.

It would be wise to wait.

14 days return right in EU (45 days at komplett.dk). Also if they're doing anything like that they would properly give 970 owners something for fucking up. Buying a 970 is not a bad purchase. It wasn't before and it's not now either.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

14 days return right in EU (45 days at komplett.dk). Also if they're doing anything like that they would properly give 970 owners something for fucking up. Buying a 970 is not a bad purchase. It wasn't before and it's not now either.

Its just a suggestion.

The OP will decide.

Its just a suggestion.

The OP will decide.

Off course he will ;-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

@zappian

What needs a fix about the 970?

And if it does, won't they recall the product and offer a functional one, if they are faulty?

The memory is nerfed.

It was a 500 MB cross section that performs like ass.

This gif will explain:

EXsXGVl.gif

I just saw a video explaining the VRAM issue, and then i've seen a couple of video's on youtube showing no problems running the card using 4 GB's of vram.

When i'm playing only at 1080p, both streaming to my TV and my monitor for my PC, would i ever use that much VRAM?

I just saw a video explaining the VRAM issue, and then i've seen a couple of video's on youtube showing no problems running the card using 4 GB's of vram.

When i'm playing only at 1080p, both streaming to my TV and my monitor for my PC, would i ever use that much VRAM?

Rarely, I have 3GBs of vram, and I barely see the usage go over 2.5 GB. 1080p only of course, with 4xMSAA max, you can fill it if you use like 16xMSAA, but it's overkill anyways.

Well, I'm sure you can find 1 or 2 games that will. But the crushing majority of games, won't. Unless you want to supersample 4k, you won't be needing that much Vram.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

• 10 months later...

id go with the 970 out of the 2 but personally id go with an r9 290x because of the cost and it not having an issue using all of its 4gb vram. Ive never run into any major issues with AMD drivers, just the odd bug, but then again can you really say that Nvidias cards are worth the extra bucks??

considering my country pricing, gtx 970 is far cheaper than r9 290x. so obviously i wuld go green.