Need a new headset (what to get)

xDArKzVeNoMx

Hi, I need a new headset if would like to get recommendations. I'm pissed of always buying headsets and they always break. Now that my G930 is almost dead I have to ask you guys what to get. I was thinking about getting some cheap headphones and a desk mic. Also I now want a wired headset, I hate disconneting shit. I don't want to spend much more than what I paid for the G930 around 180$

List of all the headset of I had:

Official XBOX headset DEAD

Turtle Beach x11 DEAD

Turtle Beach x11 DEAD

Turtle Beach x12 DEAD

Official Wireless XBOX mic SOLD

Turtle Beach x31 DEAD

Steelseries Siberia v2 DEAD

Steelseries Siberia v2 DEAD

Logitech G930 ALMOST DEAD

I don't know how to change my Username :(

i know why you break your headsets, you buy head sets.

get some headphones and a mod mic or desk mic, you fancy giving a mroe precise budget,?

also watch this if your budgets low 

We would need a price range if you honestly need a headset over headphones and a microphone. Also that many headsets breaking looks like you mis-treated them.

180$

in that case check out tek syndicates $150 headphone and mic video,

We would need a price range if you honestly need a headset over headphones and a microphone. Also that many headsets breaking looks like you mis-treated them.

180$ , I try to treat them the best as I can, I never drop them or anything like that

You have broken more than I have owned. This is a sign. 

Get a pair of headPHONES and not a headset.

HD 558 with a mod mic and you're set.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Don't get a headset. Get headphones and a mic.

Yeah I am watching for a Antlion but I don't know about the headphones

Probably a Sennheiser HD518.

I watch for them but I can't buy on Amazon US they are 200$ on NCIX.COM CA

I watch for them but I can't buy on Amazon US they are 200$ on NCIX.COM CA

Is that the only place you can buy from? Their prices look terrible on everything.

Yeah I am watching for a Antlion but I don't know about the headphones

I actually just got my ModMic 4.0. Literally zero sound quality improvement over my Turtle Beach x12 mic, so I was really disappointed. It's really the only option I had though since I just bought some Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros (headphones) and I didn't want a desk mic at the time being.

Whatever you do, don't let anyone tell you a ModMic actually sounds great, because after listening to many people on this forum tell me to buy one and speak of how great it is, it sounds rather terrible. Unless someone has a way to make them sound as good as people say, don't think you're getting a wonderful sounding mic out of it. It's acceptable at best.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Is that the only place you can buy from? Their prices look terrible on everything.

Pretty much, I actually switched to NCIX because I got pissed from Newegg.ca support. Wait 3 months and have to do like 20 phone calls and call the boss to get a refund on something that wasn't working pissed me

I actually just got my ModMic 4.0. Literally zero sound quality improvement over my Turtle Beach x12 mic, so I was really disappointed. It's really the only option I had though since I just bought some Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros (headphones) and I didn't want a desk mic at the time being.

Whatever you do, don't let anyone tell you a ModMic actually sounds great, because after listening to many people on this forum tell me to buy one and speak of how great it is, it sounds rather terrible. Unless someone has a way to make them sound as good as people say, don't think you're getting a wonderful sounding mic out of it. It's acceptable at best.

$3 usb sound card with a ModMic :D

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

$3 usb sound card with a ModMic :D

I don't think that's the problem though. I have a brand new mobo, and I'm pretty sure the onboard sound isn't bad on it to begin with (at least not THAT bad).

That usb trick only fixes the constant hissing background noise with the mic, which I don't have. It's just plain out bad mic quality, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it could be. I'm almost temped to request a refund/replacement from AntLion to see if it's a faulty unit or something.

Привет товарищ ))))

I don't think that's the problem though. I have a brand new mobo, and I'm pretty sure the onboard sound isn't bad on it to begin with (at least not THAT bad).

That usb trick only fixes the constant hissing background noise with the mic, which I don't have. It's just plain out bad mic quality, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it could be. I'm almost temped to request a refund/replacement from AntLion to see if it's a faulty unit or something.

Is it directly in front of your mouth? It's supposed to be off to the side abit like this.

Serious_Podcaster.jpg

It sounds pretty good from the sound tests I've heard, idk whats wrong with yours. 

Is it directly in front of your mouth? It's supposed to be off to the side abit like this.

-snip-

Definitely is, idk what the problem could be.

It sounds pretty good from the sound tests I've heard, idk whats wrong with yours. 

I know! On Linus's sound test it sounds great, and hell, Tek Syndicate did the entire review of the mic on his and had he not made the audience aware that that was the mic he was using, I would've thought it to be a pretty great sounding mic. I'd've not thought anything about it and would've thought it was the mic he normally uses. I might try to get a replacement.

& to the OP, sorry for thread jacking. Lol.

Привет товарищ ))))

Find a headset and then try to find the equivalent set of headphones. When you find some headphones, see how much they cost with a mod mic and compare it to the headset. The headphone and mod mic combo isn't always cheaper.

Find a headset and then try to find the equivalent set of headphones. When you find some headphones, see how much they cost with a mod mic and compare it to the headset. The headphone and mod mic combo isn't always cheaper.

Then you're not finding the equivalent headphones.

Then you're not finding the equivalent headphones.

Beyer's MMX 300 and DT880 come to mind straight away. The sound profile of the MMX300 is very similar to the DT880's yet it's cheaper the buy the MMX 300 (where I live) which is just as good as a DT880 and mod mic combo. Granted it's a very extreme example but knowing that a headphone/mod mic combo isn't always the best deal outside the US then it's worth mentioning. Had the OP been from the US I wouldn't have bothered mentioning it.

You should probably learn that prices aren't the same around the world rather than jumping to conclusions...