Nvidia, please go to sleep, you are DRUNK!

MariusJS

Yay! 960 launched, and nooooooope... Still disappointing

post-3510-0-36015400-1421941440_thumb.jp

6 Outputs on one card :D

Guess how many you can use... 4 -_-

On the 970 and 980 It's the same, and on the 5XX series it is EVEN WORSE, WHAT THE HELL ARE NVIDIA DOING?

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

The more holes the better.

:ph34r:

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It gives people more options. They can have 4 Digital outputs or have some analogue in there. Stop complaining.

Only one of them are analog, and why should I stop complaining? I HAVE 6 MONITORS! They force me to not buy Nvidia -_-

Maybe it's about giving you options, not making you use them all at once? :rolleyes:

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Maybe it's about giving you options, not making you use them all at once? :rolleyes:

But I want to, I need 6 outputs, that all work at the same time, AMD has been doing it for years, how hard can it be?

Did it cross your mind that they want to create options that you don't have to buy adapters? Another it doesn't make sense at all topic...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Did it cross your mind that they want to create options that you don't have to buy adapters? Another it doesn't make sense at all topic...

Have you read any of my responses?

Have you read any of my responses?

Yeah I did, if your unhappy with the options of nVidia and like AMD better the solution is easy: buy AMD.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

If AMD has 6 outputs that all work at the same time, this argument is valid.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Sorry I forgot that you're Nvidias only potential customer..

I do not think I am their only customer, but I think that there are other people that want to use 6 monitors, and Nvidia does not currently have a card that supports it, WHY? AMD has been making cards that supports it for years...

I'd pay for a 980 if it supported 6 monitors, hell I'd buy 2 980's/970's if I could use 4x4 outputs in SLI, but that is not an option either -_-

But I want to, I need 6 outputs, that all work at the same time, AMD has been doing it for years, how hard can it be?

I really don't think there are enough people out there who would need 6 screens to be run from one single GPU to make it worth their while.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

If AMD has 6 outputs that all work at the same time, this argument is valid.

They do, since the 6XXX cards...

post-3510-0-17550200-1421942187.jpg

And no, the MST hub thing does not work to get more than 4 displays with Nvidia, I've tried

I really don't think there are enough people out there who would need 6 screens to be run from one single GPU to make it worth their while.

How hard could it be? The outputs are already on the damn cards FFS!

AMD has FAR less money, and they can do it...

It's almost like, they have redudant outputs so you can combine. And and, it's a HTPC/Gaming device for multiple outputs. D:

Whenever something launched I shouldn't really go to these forums. The ignorant rants of fanboys who are trying to rationalize their own purchases is absolutely disgraceful.

How hard could it be? The outputs are already on the damn cards FFS!

AMD has FAR less money, and they can do it...

AMD can kneecap themselves all they want. But the profit they make on their 280 will be MUCH less than nvidia will on their 960.

It's almost like, they have redudant outputs so you can combine. And and, it's a HTPC/Gaming device for multiple outputs. D:

Whenever something launched I shouldn't really go to these forums. The ignorant rants of fanboys who are trying to rationalize their own purchases is absolutely disgraceful.

AMD can kneecap themselves all they want. But the profit they make on their 280 will be MUCH less than nvidia will on their 960.

If you are talking to me, I don't have neither ATM (I've owned both AMD and Nvidia cards), my 780Ti died, so I'm gonna wait and see what AMD does with 3XX series, and maybe buy that, or cry silently in a corner :P

EDIT: I REALLY don't see how AMD taking lower margins on their cards makes anything better for Nvidia in this case?

You are basicly claiming that Nvidia charges more, takes a larger part of the money, and still can't do the same stuff the AMD card does? How is that positive?

EDIT: I REALLY don't see how AMD taking lower margins on their cards makes anything better for Nvidia in this case?

You are basicly claiming that Nvidia charges more, takes a larger part of the money, and still can't do the same stuff the AMD card does? How is that positive?

It makes them do better business. They are offering the same product (except for 6 displays but honestly I don't really see pandering to 0.02% of the users is a good idea to implement on ALL cards) whilst making better margins.

Die size of the R9-280 is 352mm2, the 960 is 227mm2. Meaning out of the same wafer, Nvidia produces 55% more chips. Yeah, I don't really see that as a win for AMD. It's brillant really, and smart that they opted not to release handicapped GM204's, since they have a diesize of 398mm2. Choosing to go with a different die, and the pricepoint they place it. Means they make a good profit on them. It also means that they can drop the prices without much pain whenever AMD lowers theirs.

I admire their strategy, it's much smarter in terms of business.

It makes them do better business. They are offering the same product (except for 6 displays but honestly I don't really see pandering to 0.02% of the users is a good idea to implement on ALL cards) whilst making better margins.

Die size of the R9-280 is 352mm2, the 960 is 227mm2. Meaning out of the same wafer, Nvidia produces 55% more chips. Yeah, I don't really see that as a win for AMD. It's brillant really, and smart that they opted not to release handicapped GM204's, since they have a diesize of 398mm2. Choosing to go with a different die, and the pricepoint they place it. Means they make a good profit on them. It also means that they can drop the prices without much pain whenever AMD lowers theirs.

I admire their strategy, it's much smarter in terms of business.

How is it smart to not sell cards to anyone that wants to connect more than 4 monitors?

It wouldn't even be hard for them to fix it -_-

How is it smart to not sell cards to anyone that wants to connect more than 4 monitors?

It wouldn't even be hard for them to fix it -_-

Because the percentage of people that wants to do this is non-existant. They are totally OK with losing that abysmally small market to their competitor, and thus reducing price on the card they sell to the other 99.999%.

Because the percentage of people that wants to do this is non-existant. They are totally OK with losing that abysmally small market to their competitor, and thus reducing price on the card they sell to the other 99.999%.

Sorry to say this, but I think I've already told u like twice...

HOW IS THIS MORE EXPENSIVE? The hardware is already there FFS!

this for real? how many people in the world have problems about 6 monitors?

Sorry to say this, but I think I've already told u like twice...

One thing, though. The people that would run 6 monitors would usually either have more than 1 GPU (gamers), or probably a workstation card(s) (professional.. people).

So the whole "issue" in itself isnt really much of a deal anyways.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

Pretty sure it isn't free or without disadvantages, otherwise they'd have done it already when they upped it to 4 with kepler.

And like SpaghettiNinja said, this is a Red Herring. Utterly non-existant issue.