what do you think about this build did i make any compatibility mistake ?

Go to solution Solved by JuztBe,

actually i have the GPU and a 144 hz monitor and i still have around 1900USD to be honest i'm thinking of a setup that would handle 4K in the futur

So you should change:

RAM: From DDR4 to DDR3. RipJaws/Vengence. From 1600 to 2400Mhz, doesnt really matter. Maybe even 16GB instead of 8GB(because screw you google chrome)

Motherboard: Z97 MSI gaming, Gygabyte gaming or any other which looks nice to you. Someone who knows more about MBs could help you.

CPU: I7 4790k. Or even i5 4690k. Since you have a lot of money to spare I would go for I7 

4k: If planning to go for 4k you need at least 2 GPUs. x2 GTX 980  for now is way to go.

here's the build i'll go with /// my first one xD did i make any bad choices
the rampage motherboard is so i can upgrade the processor later ...post-184159-0-84415800-1421840955_thumb.

post-184159-0-84415800-1421840955_thumb.

Motherboard is socket 2011-3 and processor is 1150 - incompatible

i knew i made a mistake here xD what should i buy as processor for gaming

You should buy different motherboard for gaming, not CPU :)

You can even save money with going i5 over i7.

>Don't mind this if you have all the money in the world money.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

For gaming? Well, if you dont mind paying that much for just a gaming PC, then i7-5820K.... but personally I think the X99 platform is overkill for gaming and not really needed. They are more suited for workstations now

so what would be the best matherboard to have if i keep the same processor ?

Use partspicker for compatibility, you need to change the mobo and ram because (AFAIK) no z97 board supports DDR4

Keep the CPU.

so what would be the best matherboard to have if i keep the same processor ?

I don't think you need "best" motherboard. It really deepens on your needs. All thees Asus Rampage ultra to the max VII costs a lot because they have features which regular peasant doesn't even know it exists.

For gaming? Well, if you dont mind paying that much for just a gaming PC, then i7-5820K.... but personally I think the X99 platform is overkill for gaming and not really needed. They are more suited for workstations now

>Don't mind this if you have all the money in the world money.

actually i have the GPU and a 144 hz monitor and i still have around 1900USD to be honest i'm thinking of a setup that would handle 4K in the futur

That can be done with Z97 mobo and a compatible CPU, 4K more depends on GPUs :) thus you can save more money on those mobo and CPU and invest more in GPU power :) SLI maybe?

So you should change:

RAM: From DDR4 to DDR3. RipJaws/Vengence. From 1600 to 2400Mhz, doesnt really matter. Maybe even 16GB instead of 8GB(because screw you google chrome)

Motherboard: Z97 MSI gaming, Gygabyte gaming or any other which looks nice to you. Someone who knows more about MBs could help you.

CPU: I7 4790k. Or even i5 4690k. Since you have a lot of money to spare I would go for I7 

4k: If planning to go for 4k you need at least 2 GPUs. x2 GTX 980  for now is way to go.

That can be done with Z97 mobo and a compatible CPU, 4K more depends on GPUs :) thus you can save more money on those mobo and CPU and invest more in GPU power :) SLI maybe?

Use partspicker for compatibility, you need to change the mobo and ram because (AFAIK) no z97 board supports DDR4

Keep the CPU.

i keep the Intel Core i7 4790K and for the motherboard ROG - MAXIMUS VII RANGER but is the Z97 compatible with DDR4 ???

So you should change:

thank u very much JuztBe

i'll go with that i guess ^_^

And why do you insist on DDR4? there is almost zero noticable difference in gaming compared to DDR3

Because it's his first time building a PC?

And why do you insist on DDR4? there is almost zero noticable difference in gaming compared to DDR3

Because it's his first time building a PC?

i didn't knew that xD i'm a noob xD i'm leaving consols for the first time and it's my first step in the word of PCs xD

i didn't knew that xD i'm a noob xD i'm leaving consols for the first time and it's my first step in the word of PCs xD

Always happy to help where help is needed ;)

Always happy to help where help is needed ;)

now i just noticed something about the processor i see that there's 2 the i7 4790k and 4790S .... is there any difference ?

In a gaming you always want to put your budget towards better gpu. Two 970 can handle 4k though only with medium settings and low aa.

Get 16gb and a i5/i7. Depends if you do core intensive programs. For gaming only i would go with the i5 and 16gb of ram.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

now i just noticed something about the processor i see that there's 2 the i7 4790k and 4790S .... is there any difference ?

K is unlocked. Which makes the processor able to overclock.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

K is unlocked. Which makes the processor able to overclock.

thanks jesper :D i have no informations yet about how to overclock but i'll ask Google xD

I would keep it as it is and replace the CPU with a 5820k.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.