AMD mid-range gaming PC build

zerge

So I kinda needed a new PC that would be sufficient to run todays games at atleast high or medium, as an upgrade from my old Dell Optiplex 780 midi-tower that was kind of lacking due to several of reasons.  I decided to go with AMD to keep the price down and to still be able to overclock the PC a bit. I did put quite a bit of work into making the cable managment nice and I'm really satisfied with it for being my first real PC build (only upgraded other OEM PC's before).

The parts that I used in this build are the following as of now:

CPU: AMD FX-6300

MOBO: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

RAM: HyperX Fury Blue 8GB 1866Mhz

GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

COOLING: Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Closed Watercooling

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ window

PSU: Fractal Design Integra R2 650 watt (non-modular)

QISXMcY.jpg

AGt7MWM.jpg

So I kinda needed a new PC that would be sufficient to run todays games at atleast high or medium, as an upgrade from my old Dell Optiplex 780 midi-tower that was kind of lacking due to several of reasons.  I decided to go with AMD to keep the price down and to still be able to overclock the PC a bit. I did put quite a bit of work into making the cable managment nice and I'm really satisfied with it for being my first real PC build (only upgraded other OEM PC's before).

The parts that I used in this build are the following as of now:

CPU: AMD FX-6300

MOBO: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

RAM: HyperX Fury Blue 8GB 1866Mhz

GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

COOLING: Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Closed Watercooling

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro w/ window

Nice. I would recommend checking the bend radii on your routed wires...it looks a little too tight. Make sure you loosen the wires up a little...no need to cinch them up.

Nice&Clean. But is there any other fans in the case? It looks like the rad is the only one that has a fan?

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

Nice&Clean. But is there any other fans in the case? It looks like the rad is the only one that has a fan?

Right now, there's 2 casefans mounted too(1 200mm and 1 140mm)

Nice. I would recommend checking the bend radii on your routed wires...it looks a little too tight. Make sure you loosen the wires up a little...no need to cinch them up.

I'll make sure to look into it this weekend, when I've got some time. Thanks for the advice!

I recommend you to have some cooling on top of the VRMs if your gonna OC, VRM get toasty on AM3+ boards.

I recommend you to have some cooling on top of the VRMs if your gonna OC, VRM get toasty on AM3+ boards.

Going to replace the motherboard soon with something better, as this one isn't any good and kinda lacks in terms of overclocking and features. Probably some 990fx based chipset board

you want to here a joke? amd cpus

There's nothing wrong with AMD CPU's, they're much more affordable and provides somewhat better overclocking on their non-highend CPU's compared to Intel.

If you say something suck you have to test it out yourself first and to state why said thing suck, as otherwise nobody will know why. If you said why you think so, then I might've been able to relate with you and see your point.

Also, the only kind of joke that I can see is your English.

There's nothing wrong with AMD CPU's, they're much more affordable and provides somewhat better overclocking on their non-highend CPU's compared to Intel.

If you say something suck you have to test it out yourself first and to state why said thing suck, as otherwise nobody will know why. If you said why you think so, then I might've been able to relate with you and see your point.

Also, the only kind of joke that I can see is your English.

Damn you educated him lmfao. Then roasted him. But overall nice build bro

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Got the same mobo. DAMN IT WHY IT'S SO BROWNISH D:

Yes, but this is a value motherboard and I kinda see why they've not bothered to colour the PCB. However, the main disadvantage of the board is the lack of heatsinks on certain parts, no extra CPU fan header, no USB3.0 header and that there's only 1 4pin connector.

I kinda wish that I bought the non-LE version of the board as it kinda eliminates said cons.

Well, in polish standards this one is not a value board, but rather the midrange... ^ ^

It's only "a stone's throw" from some offers of the Asus Maximus boards
@zerge

Well, in polish standards this one is not a value board, but rather the midrange... ^ ^

It's only "a stone's throw" from some offers of the Asus Maximus boards

@zerge

Ah, I see, I paid like 70 euros for the board and it was the cheapest ATX board I could find in the store. However, it's not a good one and I should replace it soon :/

He already bought the cpu doesnt matter.

I still agree that for the price of 6300+ watercooling he could have gotten a locked i5 asnd much better performance

False, PC parts are more expensive in Sweden and I wouldn't be able to afford an i5 + intel motherboard. I got the liquid cooler for a rather cheap price, that is why I got it in this system.