Razer quality

Syntaxvgm

I had a Razer Deathadder when I first properly got into PC gaming. The mouse itself was comfortable and ergonomic, but it died 3 months later. Though, with mine it was the cord, it just shredded itself and soon it just gave in and wouldn't connect again to my PC. However, I have never had much luck with mice, if I am honest. I go through a new one every few months, my Zowie packed in after only 3 months and the ones before that after the same amount of time. So far, my Logitech G402 has lasted 5, it's living on borrowed time, I think.  :lol:

I had a couple of logitech for 10+ years. I hope they kept up the quality. 

I'm not a good metric for how long mice last. I take really good care of them,  including daily cleanings and I take them apart to clean the crevices every so often. 

But for keyboards, I can pound them, though I still try to keep them clean and cared for. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Of course you do ...

Wait ... same switches should lead to the same typing experience.

Flex? really?

I am not even saying that there are better options for the same price.

It all depends on how the rest of the keyboard is built. Flexing the deck of the keyboard is a good way to find out whether the keyboard is using cheaper materials or more expensive. And with the switches, if these are hitting off a cheaper material, it's not going to give as satisfying feedback, more so when bottoming them out than a higher quality, better built keyboard. I even notice the difference between my Filco and Ducky, though, they have difference switches, so it's not as much of a fair test. 

Of course you do ...

And yes, at least 3 of the people I play with use a Razer Blackwidow, all of them couldn't be happier with the keyboard, though I still don't recommend buying one. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I had a couple of logitech for 10+ years. I hope they kept up the quality. 

I'm not a good metric for how long mice last. I take really good care of them,  including daily cleanings and I take them apart to clean the crevices every so often. 

But for keyboards, I can pound them, though I still try to keep them clean and cared for. 

I look after my own, though it comes down to the sensor dying, especially on my optical mice. I'd only assume that it is because of my extremely low sensitivity and the speed because of which, I move my mouse. My Zowie at the start was fine, then after the three months, it just decided to stop registering faster movements and finally conked out.  

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It all depends on how the rest of the keyboard is built. Flexing the deck of the keyboard is a good way to find out whether the keyboard is using cheaper materials or more expensive. And with the switches, if these are hitting off a cheaper material, it's not going to give as satisfying feedback, more so when bottoming them out than a higher quality, better built keyboard. I even notice the difference between my Filco and Ducky, though, they have difference switches, so it's not as much of a fair test. 

And yes, at least 3 of the people I play with use a Razer Blackwidow, all of them couldn't be happier with the keyboard, though I still don't recommend buying one. 

I think with a few quality improvements on the switch and the keycaps , I'd buy another. The softer version of the blues is unique and I really like the idea. The rest of the keyboard is solid for the price range. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It all depends on how the rest of the keyboard is built. Flexing the deck of the keyboard is a good way to find out whether the keyboard is using cheaper materials or more expensive.

by that logic the razer is really high quality i guess. At least also Linus would think so.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

by that logic the razer is really high quality i guess. At least also Linus would think so.

My argument wasn't that the keyboard is bad, though it may seem that it was, and if it did, I do apologies. My argument is that there's better for the same price, if not cheaper, more so now they are using Kailh switches. 

This is not to argue against razer, but I never considered Linus an expert when it comes to his reviews of anything other than cases. And screens, he does a pretty god job there.

Like his GPU reviews. Lacking.

muh specs 

All parts black

My argument wasn't that the keyboard is bad, though it may seem that it was, and if it did, I do apologies. My argument is that there's better for the same price, if not cheaper, more so now they are using Kailh switches.

I fully expected, based on what I'm told, to have the same exact issues with Kailh blue switches as the raazer green ones consistency wise.

Since razer's switches are Kailh ones, I knew coming into this that they may be bad if they didn't reject some switches son their own

muh specs 

All parts black

I fully expected, based on what I'm told, to have the same exact issues with Kailh blue switches as the raazer green ones consistency wise.

Since razer's switches are Kailh ones, I knew coming into this that they may be bad if they didn't reject some switches son their own

The only Kailh switch I have used are the ones found in the Zalman ZM-K500 keyboard. (http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalman-zm-k500-mechanical-keyboard-linear-and-non-click) Those had some of the worst switches I have seen. Very inconsistent and too light, though I don't like linear switches, so there was a bit of bias towards the switches. Then again, you cant really expect much from a mechanical keyboard in the £30 bracket. 

No the monoprice keyboard is. That thing is solid. I've used one, and I intend to get one for myself. The real blue siwtches are a plus, and it works great. The only thing missing is some of the feature set for the BW

Of course, I would be OK with razer raising prices if they could make those improvements to the switch build and the grouping. It would be a win then.

The new switches are cheaper to manufacture. Prices should have gone down but they remained the same. Changing switches probably had to do with increasing profit margin first and foremost.

The new switches are cheaper to manufacture. Prices should have gone down but they remained the same. Changing switches probably had to do with increasing profit margin first and foremost.

From my upcoming review

the fact that you can sell your crap at a 50% off, have issues, and do it AGAIN and not suffer crippling losses means that you spend a lot more money than you should on marketing and not enough on the product.

muh specs 

All parts black

The razer boards that used cherry switches were pretty good

Aside from the switches and the keycaps this thing doesn't seem that bad. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Razor have great design concepts and ideas but their build quality is terrible. You buy Razor for functionality rather than their hardware engineering.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

yah just a few hours ago

same name if you look

muh specs 

All parts black