GTX 750ti vs R7 265?

Stanturbo

I currently have an entry-level APU-based gaming PClb_icon1.png. However, now that I have accrued a bit more money, I was looking to buy a discreet graphics card. I am not an enthusiast or heavy gamer (and I only have a 1080p 60hz monitor), so I figured getting anything more than a midrange card would be overkill for the budget I have ($150~$200). I was thinking of going with the GTX 750ti because my build only has the CX430M power supply; however, the R7 265 seems like a better card to buy, but I would need to upgrade my PSU. I want your guys' opinion on whether it is worth getting a better PSU to get the R7 265 or I should just purchase the GTX 750ti. 

FYI, I live in Japan but feel free to recommend cards of US pricing.

265 performs slightly better than a 750 Ti. Honestly whichever is cheaper you should go with that because they perform pretty close.

if you want to stick to your current PSU pick the GTX750Ti

the R7 265 will be better but at an extra cost of the new PSU too

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I'd just get a 750ti and save that psu money to get some digital pussy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

A cx430 is a very good PSU. It could even run a gtx 970. No problems will arise with the r7 265. If I were you though I would try and search for an r9 270. It is faster than both the 750 to and r7 265 while being pretty similar in price :)

Between the two, r7 265, but with that said the 750ti would also be fine for your needs. Probably whichever is cheaper for you. The psu should be fine for handling the r7.

What are, exactly, the differences between the R7 260x, R7 265, and R9 270? (Of course, compared to the GTX 750ti)

What are, exactly, the differences between the R7 260x, R7 265, and R9 270? (Of course, compared to the GTX 750ti)

Basically the 750 to is slightly faster than the r7 260x while being more expensive. An r7 265 costs the same and performs around 10% faster. An r9 270 is similar in price and is around 20-30% faster than the 750 ti.

Disclaimer: I am very biased.

I have a PNY GTX 750 TI, and it's the best. It can play most 1080p games either maxed out at 40 FPS or slightly down at 60+. I can even play Advanced Warfare for PC at max. Essentially, I have not reached any unplayable FPS's yet playing on 1080p. I also enjoy the features of Nvidia like Shadowplay, auto-game optimization and all the settings under the hood. If you do get a 750 TI, be sure to get the PNY if you can, it's the fastest factory card, coming in at 1333 MHz stock.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

265 without a doubt. You should also be able to run the 265 in crossfire with your APU boosting performance by a fair margin.

Welcome to the forums :) 

Would the amd solution not work best for Mr.OP? seeing as that he has an apu and could take advantage of the two graphics processors working together?

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I'd buy the 750 Ti and OC it, but that's me

If you buy an APU, you can get an R7 and CF them, but it's best to double check whether your PSU is enough

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Welcome to the forums :)

Would the amd solution not work best for Mr.OP? seeing as that he has an apu and could take advantage of the two graphics processors working together?

umm no. An apu can only be crossfired with a low end card like an r7 250.

I'd buy the 750 Ti and OC it, but that's me

If you buy an APU, you can get an R7 and CF them, but it's best to double check whether your PSU is enough

An r7 265 can't be crossfired with an apu. The highest performing gpu which can be crossfired is the r7 250.

An r7 265 can't be crossfired with an apu. The highest performing gpu which can be crossfired is the r7 250.

Then I'll ship the 750 Ti

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Took the words right out of my mouth. But honestly for what you need, the 750 TI and 265 are both fine, but it depends if you want features or performance. Also, it would help if you could tell us what the rest of your build is.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Cool, thank you! :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Took the words right out of my mouth. But honestly for what you need, the 750 TI and 265 are both fine, but it depends if you want features or performance. Also, it would help if you could tell us what the rest of your build is.

My build is as follows:

AMD A10 7850k

ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ R2.0

G.SKILL F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL 

Corsair CX430M

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

Seagate 1TB

Samsung ODD

ENERMAX Fulmo Q case

Windows 8.1

Honestly just go with the r9 270 I think I saw an msi model for 150 you can't go wrong with that.

CPU: R7 1800X / GPU: EVGA 1070 FTW / RAM: G.Skill FlareX 3200Mhz / MOBO: ROG Crosshair V / PSU: EVGA G3 850 Watt / CASE: Corsair 460X

My build is as follows:

AMD A10 7850k

ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ R2.0

G.SKILL F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Corsair CX430M

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

Seagate 1TB

Samsung ODD

ENERMAX Fulmo Q case

Windows 8.1

Yeah get the 265. Your PSU can definately handle it as it's pretty good. The 265 itself is a bit better than the 750 ti.

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_750_Ti/images/perfrel_1920.gif

If I were to upgrade my PSU, what GPU would be worth my money? Some say I should go with the R9 270. Is this viable?

If I were to upgrade my PSU, what GPU would be worth my money? Some say I should go with the R9 270. Is this viable?

yes the highest you can go is the 270 or 270X

any higher and the APU will bottleneck the GPU unless you do some crazy OC to the CPU speed

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

An r9 270 would still run on your PSU :).

yes the highest you can go is the 270 or 270X

any higher and the APU will bottleneck the GPU unless you do some crazy OC to the CPU speed

Thank you for the heads up