Paracord vs normal sleeving (plastic)

XCalinX

Hey guys,

I was wondering what type of sleeve would br best. My current ones are plastic but the blue on them is darker than the one on my motherboard/fans and I want to add white too.

What would you go for and why?

Thanks

Go for paracord. Its available in dozens of colors, cheap and you don't even need shrinkwrap.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I love paracord, not a fan of the plastic stuff (only tried a few types, there are a few types that could be better that I haven't tried)

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Plastic sleeving is easier to sleeve and also can be trained to stay in a certain position once the cables are installed into the system. However I find paracord to be more enthusiast grade looking, as its basically like fabric in your system and therefor feels a lot nicer and higher quality. But you almost need cable cones or ties to hold them in place properly once installed.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

This was taken from my faq on OCN. http://www.overclock.net/t/1262900/frequently-asked-sleeving-questions/0_20

What Different Kinds Of Sleeveing Is There & Whats Worth Buying?
- What is all out there and what is the best? all out there and what is the best?

This question is asked all the time, but it is a very subjective one. The reason for that being that everyone has a personal choice. So while I cant say which ones is the best I will say which ones is the most popular, and we will start with that one right off the bat.

Lutro0 Customs Teleios Sleeving - LC Teleios Sleeving is the product of tons of research into every single kind of sleeve that is available. It takes the very best attributes of those sleeves and puts it all into a 4mm and 8mm sata sized sleeve. LC Teleios is a newcomer into the sleeving world, however every single review that it has gotten has the reviewer ranking it above all of the rest.

It was made to be easy to use, uses vibrant colors that match your motherboard components, is woven in such a way to bring the densest and softest feeling sleeve out there, and it can cover almost any color of wire.

Newcomers to the sleeving scene that have used Teleios have produced awesome works of sleeve art without ever having sleeved before as the Teleios sleeve is made to be easily used in both heatshrinkless style and heatshrink style.

The color choices for Teleios are currently 11 vibrant solid colors and 2 unique mixed colors called the Fusion Line.

The sata sizes come in 11 vibrant colors and is made to have a very snug fit on any Sata Data cable. Its size of 8mm makes it a little more difficult to get onto the Sata Data cables, however once its on it covers almost all colors of cables and it grips tight to the cable to give you an unbelievably clean look.

Teleios can be found in the USA at www.ModBunker.com and the UK at E22.Biz. Please note however both sleeve shops sell worldwide with cheaper pricing then most shops out there. Both shops also sell basically everything you could ever need for your sleeving job with the best prices out there right now.

LLutro0 Customs Coreless Paracord - Lutro0 Customs has also designed a perfectly weaved paracord that does not have the inner core. What this means is that LC was able to design and purchase a flawless paracord that has the same standards through all of the colors and is easy to sleeve with. LC also sells a paracord threader that most people say is absolutely needed to use paracord as it allows you to place the paracord on the wire perfectly without any fraying.

MDPC – MDPC Sleeve and products has been considered the quality choice in the sleeving industry and as such they have lived up to that name over and over. The owner Nils stops at nothing to hold his products to the highest standard and will never relent in upholding that standard.

The sleeving itself is the perfect size for single sleeving and has an awesome coverage of the wire, however if you are doing white sleeving you will need to prep your cables which will be covered later on in the FAQ.

The color choices are right on par with what you would want in your system. Also the Heat Shrink color choices are one of a kind and will outdo anything out there at this time.

Please remember that the only flaw with MDPC is that to get great coverage you need to stretch it VERY tight and most sleevers that start out find this to be difficult.

But I will stop blabbing and let you look for yourself, You can check out MDPC on their website located here: http://www.mdpc-x.com/

PARACORD - Paracord sleeve is a very popular sleeving choice for those that are on a budget, however that does come at a price. Sleeving with paracord is just like sleeving with shoelaces and the material is nylon, and feels a bit like rope. Now if it is stretched right it will not feel floppy and work just fine, but you will have to take some extra time with it to make sure you get a good result.

The color choices of paracord are super abundant and you can find any color you want in at least a few shades.

Paracord comes in a few different sizes but the most popular sizes for sleeving will be 450lb paracord and 550lb paracord – the difference between the two is some extra strands in the middle of it (the core) and the 550lb being very slightly bigger. Both will work just fine for sleeving.

For finding paracord you simply need to do a search for “450 Paracord” or “550 Paracord”

Please caution that alot of paracord out there is cheaply made and looks like crud, so make sure to buy from a well known distributor.

It can also be found in an coreless style, but only one shop sells it. Here is the link:
http://www.modbunker.com

CEANCUT (techflex cleancut) – Techflex CleanCut sleeving has become a popular choice for sleeving because of its full coverage and its super cheap price from an E-Bay distributor, FurryLetters.

The main downfall of CleanCut is that it only comes in 2 colors, black and gray. The sleeving itself is a plastic type and is very flexible and works perfect for single sleeving.

Prices vary from seller to seller but like stated earlier most buy it from FurryLetters on E-Bay, The main link to his shop can be found here: http://stores.ebay.com/FURRYLETTERS

Kobra HD – Kobra HD is marketed as a high density plastic sleeving in different sizes, and to those terms it is exactly that. However the size used for single sleeving (1/8th) is just a bit too small and gets caught on the molex pins of a wire, which means you have to use tape or an tool to get it on the wire without it snagging on it. Another thing to be aware is the high cost, some places go up to .60 a foot. Kobra is indeed a decent alternative if you have alot of time and patience on your hands, but be aware that the coverage gets spotty on larger wires and your sleeving experience will be slow due to the material.

You can buy Kobra HD sleeving at both Frozencpu.com and Performance-pcs.com

Bitspower - The Bitspower sleeving is still under review, but the initial use with it shows allot of the same flaws as Kobra HD when it comes to size, but the coverage of Bitspower sleeving is super dense which is the highlight of the sleeve. However, its size makes it hard to sleeve with and the over denseness of the sleeve makes the sleeve not stretch very much. This is important in a sleeve as you want it to conform to the wire. However, even with these downfalls its a viable sleeving material just not the first I would grab for.

Bitspower also makes a heatshrink tubing which has a nice thin wall, however the shrink has a low melting point which disappointingly leaves it kinda useless as you always want to melt the sleeve underneath a little and the shrink is very prone to melt and deform before the sleeve will melt before.

You can purchase Bitspower Sleeving at major online shops including Performance-pcs.com

Sleeve-Modding.com - SM sells a sleeve that is just like MDPC but in different colors, the diameter is a but smaller but the quality is just the same, so I will not explain that more. The owner is also a great guy and does his best to provide top notch products. I have personally done a video review one his store that you can view here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xr3IUJIkuc

They also sell heatshrink but right now the heatshrink is sub par and they are in the process of getting new stock.

Darkside Sleeving - http://www.dazmode.com/ is our Canadian modding shop to the north. The owner is a great person and does his best to strive to innovation and best products he can. his sleeve comes in many different colors and unique styles - he also offered a heatshrink that while its not the best will get most jobs done easily.

Lutro0 Customs - www.Modbunker.com - LC provides at this moment the best paracord on the market including a never before sold "coreless" kind that makes sleeving easy with paracord. What sets apart this paracord from others and I dont say this just because its my shop is that I have literally tried every reseller of paracord out there and there is always problems like fuzzyness or snags, LC paracord is perfect and tightly woven and comes in many many colors both in 550 and coreless. Save yourself the frustration from buying bargain Paracord that looks like its been drug through a parking lot and get the good stuff right away. Lutro0 Customs also carries everything you need for your sleeving job at great prices!

PC Modz Depot - http://pcmzd.com/pcmzd-cable-sleeving/pcmzd-cable-sleeving.html - PCMZD is a great sleeve, everything about it is nice minus the coloring - the colors are an see through on some of them and just dont match some systems. Dont take my word for it give them a try the owner is an awesome fellow is ready to help out anyone he can. They also carry heatshrink but I have not at this time had a chance to try it.

ShakMods - http://shakmods.com/ - ShakMods sleeving is just like PCMZD in some different colors, the weave is the same and the same issues are with it. However Shak provides different heatshrink that is medium level heat shrink and will work for for your project. Also Shakmods has come out with a line of matte sleeving that is unique in the fact that the colors are slightly faded to give a eggshell finish. Many people are undecided on if they like the look or not as most people choose to have vibrant colors instead.

Some quick mentions for sleeve that I have not fully tested are as follows:

Big City Sleeving - https://www.facebook.com/groups/299207060157345/ - BCS is Otis Fats I have not gotten my hands on any so I have not done a review yet but its worth looking into.

FTW Sleeve Rignoobies Brand - http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=20995037 - This sleeve is made by the popular Rig Noobies and is an up and coming company. Give them a chance you might be surprised.

Other Sleevings – There is a few other types of sleeving out there at this moment, but I have not added the due to their popularity not being very high and the price or quality being too high or too low. I will be adding the other types as I find some time.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]