Painting/Plasti Dipping GPU shroud question

jamesisninja

So, when I SLI my 970s, I'm not going to have room to water cool them both (Kraken G10 on my current 970) so I'm gonna have to throw the MSI G4 gaming 970 cooler back on, but my build is blue not red. I've taken the cooler apart, and seperated the red parts from the black (picture for reference), but the red fin like things on the shroud I'll call them on the right wasnt screwed in or anything, they seemed to be glued on in some way, so naturally I had to break that bond to get them off. My first question is should I use plasti dip or paint? Does it matter since my warranty is void anyways when I take the cooler off? (I think) And, how should I go about reattaching the red fins? When they are in the case gravity would naturally hold them in place, along with the heat fins underneath I suppose, but I'd like it to be a bit more secure then that.. I have some normal glue, as well as plastic cement as well, or should I just slot them back in and let the fins/gravity keep them in place? Thanks guys :D

intro_900_card.png

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Man, blue MSI 970... That'd look awesome.

What color type of blue?

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

The easiest way to do this is to just spray the whole shroud black. That way it will still fit the blue build.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

So, when I SLI my 970s, I'm not going to have room to water cool them both (Kraken G10 on my current 970) so I'm gonna have to throw the MSI G4 gaming 970 cooler back on, but my build is blue not red. I've taken the cooler apart, and seperated the red parts from the black (picture for reference), but the red fin like things on the shroud I'll call them on the right wasnt screwed in or anything, they seemed to be glued on in some way, so naturally I had to break that bond to get them off. My first question is should I use plasti dip or paint? Does it matter since my warranty is void anyways when I take the cooler off? (I think) And, how should I go about reattaching the red fins? When they are in the case gravity would naturally hold them in place, along with the heat fins underneath I suppose, but I'd like it to be a bit more secure then that.. I have some normal glue, as well as plastic cement as well, or should I just slot them back in and let the fins/gravity keep them in place? Thanks guys :D

intro_900_card.png

Nice ,

I have some suggestions, Why dont you get a tirquashe paint or a lite blue or a illuminated blue so it can light up at night and have a nice blue light coming from your pc

You can also paint the fans white  and that will make the gpu nicer ,( It depends on yout color case)

If you need some more advice on how to mod, I can help you :)