XBox One Top Selling Console for November and December

ThePointblank

From Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/01/15/xbox-one-was-the-best-selling-console-in-november-and-december/

The Xbox One was the best-selling video game console throughout the holidays according to NPD data.

According to Microsoft, average weekly sales for the Xbox One outpaced the Xbox 360 by 50% during the same period in the previous-gen system’s lifecycle.

After a year of falling behind Sony’s PS4, Xbox One was the best-selling console for both November and December 2014.

Also, the article noted that more games were sold for Xbox One than for PS4. Reasons cited for the high Xbox One sales is due to Microsoft aggressively pushing out bundles and price cuts. Beyond that, Microsoft also announced that prices for the Xbox One will be cut back to the $349 mark that was done over the holidays.

Who'd they buy off to make those numbers appear?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Meanwhile PC gaming still has more sales technically. For less than a console you can snap a kickass gpu in your desktop, like a 970, and game for years. 

this is coming from the guy with 3 ps3s. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I need my Halo fix, but I won't buy a xbone before it costs less than 200$.

Yeah, most people have a PS4 already that's why

yah a lot of people get both eventually. I'd look at total sales for a metric. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Both consoles are garbage but I might get PS4 for The Last of Us remake.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Both consoles are garbage but I might get PS4 for The Last of Us remake.

That's going to be one expensive game

I <3 naughty dog. Not for the last of us remake, but any new naughty dog game would encourage me. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Yes it is! Im also debating about another very expensive game which would be getting a WiiU for smash and nothing else.

I <3 naughty dog. Not for the last of us remake, but any new naughty dog game would encourage me. 

Naughty Dog is awesome, they're one of the few first party developers I have any respect for.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

No one cares.

Wrong forum?

I'm sorry, what?

Linus Tech Tips. Not Linus PC Tips. Many users on here game on the PS4 or XBox One. Who are you to say that "No one cares."?

What you really mean is "I don't care". And that's fine, that's your opinion. But you cared enough to post in this thread, didn't you?

Who'd they buy off to make those numbers appear?

What...

Does it trouble you so much that XBox One is outselling PS4 right now?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No one cares.

Wrong forum?

Wrong sub forum*

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Wrong sub forum*

How so? This is news. This is the news subforum. Please explain?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

well I guess xbox one wins the race I don't know how to feel about that I would've thought their first announcement would've killed them

edit: don't transform this thread into pc vs console all over again please

well I guess xbox one wins the race I don't know how to feel about that I would've thought their first announcement would've killed them

edit: don't transform this thread into pc vs console all over again please

Well the race isn't over yet. These consoles will still be around for the next 3-4 years I'd guess, so there's still time for PS4 to recover (Though given Sony's financial situation, I'm not betting on them in the long game).

Personally, if I had to buy a current gen console, I'd buy the XBox One, because the controller is (in my opinion) far superior and more comfortable. I've always hated the Dual-Shock style Playstation controller. Games wise, they have pretty similar libraries, and having the Halo series is just icing on the cake.

With that in mind, I'll continue to game on my Glorious Gaming PC, though I may still eventually pick up one of the consoles as a party machine (Local split screen multiplayer - it's a thing sometimes).

I really want an XBoxOne so I can play Killer Instinct. But so far that's the only big thing that interest me on consoles, and getting one for just one game is not worth it imho

How so? This is news. This is the news subforum. Please explain?

I'm not saying that this isn't tech news. I was correcting the poster that it was in the wrong forum. It would've been more proper to say "wrong sub-forum," instead of just "wrong forum" since this is a tech forum. You're right, it's tech news and in the correct section.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm not saying that this isn't tech news. I was correcting the poster that it was in the wrong forum. It would've been more proper to say "wrong sub-forum," instead of just "wrong forum" since this is a tech forum. You're right, it's tech news and in the correct section.

Ahh okay. I apologize then. I personally think if you don't care about a thread, then you shouldn't care enough to post an obvious "shitpost" like what he wrote. So annoying to those of us who find the topic interesting.