Thoughts on Logitech G502?

Aleks

I love the corsair M40. But the lack of buttons is taking a toll when it comes to games such as dragon age and everyday navigation. How does the G502 compare? 

I love the corsair M40. But the lack of buttons is taking a toll when it comes to games such as dragon age and everyday navigation. How does the G502 compare? 

I love my G502. 11/10

The software works flawlessly as well.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

I don't own one, but i've used it before and LOVED it :D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I don't own one, but i've used it before and LOVED it :D

I love my G502. 11/10

The software works flawlessly as well.

Thanks for the replies guys, how is the scroll wheel? Does it feel cheap the way you can toggle between smooth and rough scrolling?

Thanks for the replies guys, how is the scroll wheel? Does it feel cheap the way you can toggle between smooth and rough scrolling?

i was stupid enough to not mess around with that :P

Im sure @Mattr567 could give a good response :D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

hell naw, its pimp yo.. fo real

i was stupid enough to not mess around with that :P

Im sure @Mattr567 could give a good response :D

No, its fine. The button feels tactile.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

No, its fine. The button feels tactile.

Okay sweet, what games do you prefer it with? How does it perform on a game like Dragon Age?

Okay sweet, what games do you prefer it with? How does it perform on a game like Dragon Age?

I haven't personally played Dragon Age, but BF4 feels great.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

I know it isn't the same genre, but the genre shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Far Cry 4 feels great as well.

Its very natural to hold/use

The weighting system is a nice feature

The software is excellent

The side buttons come in handy, and are in very accessible places.

Its an excellent choice.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

The only con I can think of is that the G9 macro key (the one by the scroll wheel button) is completely useless for gaming

I never use it.

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

I don't like the mouse for many reasons but it is still a great mouse. If you're used to the grip of the M40 though... yeah. G502 probably won't fit your hands quite as well. I could be wrong though - never know other people's hands as well as they do :P

Also, I'm not a huge gamer, but I do find that in nearly all games where macros and such are a nice-to-have, buttons on your mouse are *amazing.*

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I freaking love my G502. Most comfortable mouse I've ever used.  It feels like it was crafted using my hand as the mold.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I have tried the 502 in Best Buy before and really like the shape of it.  I almost bought one on Black Friday last year and chickened out.  I wish I hadn't now.  Does anyone know if the side buttons are fairly far back on the 502?  I have really short thumbs and do a hybrid fingertip/palm type thing so my thumb sits back.

Solid mouse only problem with it is the scroll wheel having a metalic finish that in my case has somewhat been shifting in color

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Mother Board: ASUS P8B75-M LE GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Thermaltake LT-500NL2NL 500W

PERIPHERALS: Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Dell S2340L 60Hz 23.0" Speakers: Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Headphones: Superlux HD 668B

If I were to compare the G502 to the G500. Then I would say that comfort wise, then they are near identical.

However, I feel that the button layout on the G500 is just a tad better, since the 'sniper' button on the G502 is useless for me.

Overall they are both good mice.

I don't like mine. tooooooo heavy and big... cant play csgo with it

I had razer deathadder and that mouse felt big because of way its designed.

G502 feels like having sex for your hand. Its heavier than razer but switching between them was easy and i felt no decrease in skill when playing CS:GO.

For me the logitech g502 is probably the heaviest i could go with a mouse for games.

I use claw grip (medium-large hands) and low sensitivity and medium dpi (1600) so i travel and lift the mouse a lot. Its not as heavy as i expected. Its very precise.

Man the wheel is so much fun :D

The rubber sides are such a nice thing to have afrter using all plastic deathadder.

11/10 rating :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I had razer deathadder and that mouse felt big because of way its designed.

G502 feels like having sex for your hand. Its heavier than razer but switching between them was easy and i felt no decrease in skill when playing CS:GO.

For me the logitech g502 is probably the heaviest i could go with a mouse for games.

I use claw grip (medium-large hands) and low sensitivity and medium dpi (1600) so i travel and lift the mouse a lot. Its not as heavy as i expected. Its very precise.

Man the wheel is so much fun :D

The rubber sides are such a nice thing to have afrter using all plastic deathadder.

11/10 rating :)

How do you think the G502 would feel if the deathadder feels a little bit cramped in my hand using a palm/claw grip but only in terms of width?

How do you think the G502 would feel if the deathadder feels a little bit cramped in my hand using a palm/claw grip but only in terms of width?

Not sure what u mean by cramped, if u could rephrase then i could probably answer :)

G502 feels improved in every way for me. With palm grip and medium-large hands u can reach the sniper button, with claw grip theres no way.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Not sure what u mean by cramped, if u could rephrase then i could probably answer :)

G502 feels improved in every way for me. With palm grip and medium-large hands u can reach the sniper button, with claw grip theres no way.

Sorry I'll try and be more clean I mean that on the pinky side of the mouse it feels like my fingers are crushed together on such a small space. thanks.

Sorry I'll try and be more clean I mean that on the pinky side of the mouse it feels like my fingers are crushed together on such a small space. thanks.

I didnt have any issues with that on deathadder and dont have it on G502 either.

The most i can do is give u a photo of my hand on deathadder and on g502 for comparison.