Disappointed with Phantom glass (one plus one)

So, I just got my Phantom glass screen protector this morning and installed it, I was very excited to have this screen protector since I have heard so many good things about it. However one of the big selling features, the bubble free installation, doesn't seem to hold true. I've got 3 small (1-2mm) bubbles and one rather large (11-13mm) bubble in the screen. Everything else about the screen protector is great though, it feels like there's nothing on the screen at all. But if I wanted to put up with bubbles I would've spent 5-10 bucks on a cheapo plastic protector, instead of the 40ish dollars after shipping for this one. I will try to add pictures of the bubbles on the screen once I get home from work, as it is pretty hard to take a picture of your screen with your phone haha.

Not really sure what to do at this point though, I've tried reapplying it a few times and no luck. Do I try a warranty claim with Phantom glass?

Did it encounter a wild Austin's nipple?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I would try a warranty claim actually, since it's one of their touted features.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Leave it on for a day or so and see if the bubbles disappear 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Are you sure that you cleaned your screen good?

Do a warranty claim and check to make sure it hasn't touched Austin's nipple.

Did you make sure threr wasn't any debris under the protector?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

as linus says it has a magical "nanocoating"

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

As suggested above. Leave it for a day or two. IT should dissapear.

Thank you for the replies, I plan on giving it a day or so anyway. The screen was well cleaned off with the supplied cleaning cloth and dried with the microfiber. However it appears there is actually a crack developing in the bottom right :/

OP please post pictures. I have notified Phantom Glass about your issue and I am sure they will take care of you promptly. They're good guys or we wouldn't endorse them so hard.

Linus

Not off work for another 3 hours but pictures will be up once I am home

Hey Sully417. Sorry to hear about your atypical experience with Phantom Glass. We work hard to ensure our screen protectors are top quality. We're more than happy to replace the Phantom Glass for you, should the issue persist. :) Our lifetime warranty covers any defects, damage, and "Act of Nipple" that may occur, and are glad to make it right for you.

Feel free to email me at contact@PHANTOM.glass

I also have a phatom glass protector for my OPO and from my experience I didn't have any bubbles in the center but on each edge I could see tiny little squiggly bubbles in each of the corners for teh first day before they went away on their own. The downside is that the side of the screen literally cracked in the first hour, I just pulled it out of my pocket and it was chipped. I am planning on requesting a replacement but I since I am moving states next week I am going to wait until I get a bit settled as it works great otherwise. I am sure everything will go well as my first experience with their support went well.

I install Zagg Glass shields all day long and I'm pretty sure the design and technology behind the 2 are basically identical. Some things I've learned over my time doing so is that the screen has to be ABSOLUTELY SPOTLESS. It's best to install them in a very well lit room with lighting of different angles, as any sort of debris whatsoever will cause bubbles like the ones you're describing. Even having the adhesive side of the protector exposed to the air can allow for a speck of dust to stick to it and inevitably cause a bubble. Other things that can cause issues include scratches that will become very visible as a gap in the adhesive. Also, if the bubbles are somewhat small, sometimes they can be remedied with heat, or simply apply a very large amount of pressure. Obviously within reason not to break the phone. 

Sorry about the delay, work has been busy, but I am back and found a phone to take pics of my phone.

ISgAAby.jpg?1

Small bubbles by my thumb, middle finger and palm

GvMsMb3.jpg?1

large bubble, there is the small crack in this one, couldn't get a good pic of the crack though

ifqPRz0.jpg?1

Small bubble No. 1

JDtIyae.jpg?1

Small bubble No. 2

rDePUKn.jpg?1

Small bubble No. 3 (has gone away for the most part