(amazon) - Kingston ssd deals. $95 - $180

Tocsin_786

so all their 300 series ssd;s are on sale. the best values are these. i bought my 850 evo 250 gig for 40 bucks more 4 days ago. and now im mad. even amazon moms like the deal enough for amazon to put a friggin icon on the page about it. 

240gb: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FXJWO5C/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00FXJWO5C&linkCode=as2&tag=o001b-20&linkId=IED7GEGHTK26IAOQ

480gb (recommended) : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FXJWO5C/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00FXJWO5C&linkCode=as2&tag=o001b-20&linkId=2D7OMLRYDD2G5GCS

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

same link

just select 240GB manually :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

same link

just select 240GB manually :P

stupid amazon links. its like they want you to go for the 480 gig since its such a good deal. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

stupid amazon links. its like they want you to go for the 480 gig since its such a good deal. 

I know it happens to me all the time

I know it happens to me all the time

we should complain. i hear their customer care is top notch 

I heard that ssd now's are pretty slow sdds. Everyone that I ask always says to get a crucial or a samsung or whatnot.

Laptop: METABOX W230ST | Intel i7-4700MQ | 2x4GB Dual Channel Ram | NVIDIA GTX 765M 2GB | 128GB SSD | 1TB HDD | Razer peripherals.

Desktop: Custom Desktop | Intel i5-2400 | 2x4GB Dual Channel G.Skill DDR3 | Gigabyte + XFX R9 280x CF| H61M-USB3-B3 | 1TB HDD

I heard that ssd now's are pretty slow sdds. Everyone that I ask always says to get a crucial or a samsung or whatnot.

they will always be bottlenecked by SATA. but the speeds.... its like comparing a buggati to a aventador. what matters is the 0-60 no one will probably go over 150mph. you will never know the difference. i just got me a samsung ssd and put my older ssd w/ a fresh install on my laptop and i dont feel a difference in anything. 

so all their 300 series ssd;s are on sale. the best values are these. i bought my 850 evo 250 gig for 40 bucks more 4 days ago. and now im mad. even amazon moms like the deal enough for amazon to put a friggin icon on the page about it. 

they will always be bottlenecked by SATA. but the speeds.... its like comparing a buggati to a aventador. what matters is the 0-60 no one will probably go over 150mph. you will never know the difference. i just got me a samsung ssd and put my older ssd w/ a fresh install on my laptop and i dont feel a difference in anything. 

The V300's are very slow SSDs. They are nowhere near the rated speeds or speeds in reviews due to Kingston replacing the NAND and controllers with much lower-grade ones after all the reviews went out. Big bitchmove IMO. 

They are barely faster then WD Black drives under real-world usage, and at even at this price it's still pretty damn stupid to get a 480GB one of these when you can get a 2TB black drive for much cheaper, or for $5 more then the 240GB one you can get yourself a proper SSD. http://www.amazon.com/ADATA-USA-2-5-Inch-Synchronous-ASP600S3-256GM-C/dp/B00HJOJJ70/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1421211124&sr=1-2&keywords=sp600&pebp=1421211129071&peasin=B00HJOJJ70

"Rawr XD"

V300's. :wacko:  That's on my list of never to buy SSD's. As are PNY Optima's

Your 850 Evo was a much better deal

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

No!

The V300 is garbage and I can notice it in real-world scenarios compared to my MX100. 

Can you please stop praising them/advertising them? They're shit compared to other options at the same price point (MX100, Sandisk Ultra II, 840 Evo, etc).

I just don't want people to waste their money.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

NOOOOOOOOOO v300 is just a bit faster than an HDD. not worth it. brands like, Adata, Corsair, Crucial, Intel, HyperX, Samsung are reliable

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

Don't the Samsung 850 have a 10 year warranty? Or is that just the 850 Pro. Anyways it's a damn good SSD, don't be salty.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Aren't these SSD's the one which Kingston reduced the quality of a few months after release?

While I don't recommend the V300, except in extenuating circumstances, its not the worst thing in the world, I'm fairly positive it is much faster than a WD Black.  If you can provide evidence to refute that, by all means, but a mechanical drive is just not going to compare to non-mechanical. The vast majority of those rated speeds are for large file transfers, which is something I don't do often, if ever.  For this, the V300 is BAD.  I ran one of those SSD benchmarking things, and I'm not even hitting 200mbps, so this thing is as slow as they say it is when it comes to large file transfers.  Now, for day to day tasks, startup and shutdown times, this thing is blazing fast.  From the time I push the power button to the time I am able to open Firefox, it takes me 13-14 seconds.  Thats fast.  Shutdown is less than 10 seconds.  Day to day operations are smooth and fluid.

Just because I am satisfied with this SSD, doesn't mean you should buy it though.  I despise bait and switch tactics, so I do not recommend this SSD unless you absolutely have to buy this because of budget, location or whatever.  Oftentimes you can find a similarly priced SP600 or Ultra Plus, which is what I recommend because the real things that matter such as startup, shutdown, and daily tasks are not going to be distinguishable from one SSD to the other.  Tom's Hardware put it well:  "Buy the SSD you can afford, not the fastest one"

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."