What is the purpose of silver string attached to a display monitors case?

Kajeto

I know it might sound silly at first but I will explain. Today, as I was cleaning the PC area (meaning I had to clean every single thing that is anyhow connected to the pc itself) I made a strange discovery. When wiping the borders of the display monitors case, it seems like the cloth I was using pulled some kind of a silver string from inside the case itself. It is located in between the inner case borders around the screen and the screen itself, and goes all the way around the matrix. At first I thought it was a string from the cloth I was initially using, but as soon as I discovered that the silver stuff is a part of a case, I left it as it is. I even used the compressed air to push it back from where it came, lol. I hope I made what I saw and what I wanted to share clear enough for someone to explain me what have I encountered, and did I break anything by touching it (though there weren't any problems when I turned the display back on after cleaning).
Soo. What was that? And what role does it have? It doesn't seem important, as It wouldn't be so easily both accessible and fragile.

SNIP

Never seen it on any of my monitors, I assume its just something to fill the gap between the bezel and the display 

EDIT: if its silver its probably shielding

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It seems JUST like angels hair, You know, the Christmas Tree accessory. :)

Its probably part of the magnetic shielding foil/tape inside the monitor, but unless you post a picture I can't tell you with absolute certainty. However, if you were able to get to it just by wiping with a cloth, its definitely not an important part of the electronics.

I checked how those magnetic shielding stuff looks, and nope, it surely is something else. Its looking just the way ordinary silver sewing string looks. Too bad I cannot post a picture right now :(

I checked how those magnetic shielding stuff looks, and nope, it surely is something else. Its looking just the way ordinary silver sewing string looks. Too bad I cannot post a picture right now :(

Monitor manufacturer and model? Might be able to find the service manual/parts list.