Did I mount my H100i wrong?

I've had this H100i for a while now but i can keep from thinking that the temps aren't as low as they should be. I just tried downloading ffsplit and the temps got up to 60 degrees C while previewing. Do I need to re-mount it? Thanks,

What fans do you have installed and in what orientation

System Specs

CPU Intel Core i5 3570k @ Corsair H100i  GPU EVGA GTX770 Reference Design  Mainboard MSI Z77A-GD65  RAM Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz  PSU Corsair HX650  Storage Samsung Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD  Case LianLi PC-A51  Soundcard Asus Xonar DGX  Monitor Dell U2311H, Dell P2314H, Acer P193W  Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse Logitech G502  Headphones Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro w/ DT990 Earpads  Mousepad Steelseries QCK  

Well considering we don't know how you mounted it, we don't really know. 

What fans do you have installed and in what orientation

The ones they come with in pull... fresh air coming in.

Do you have them installed on the H100i interface and got CorsairLink installed? If so, try switching on performance mode and tell us temperatures, run Prime95 and use Coretemp to read temperatures.

//Edit: Also, what CPU are you using. Is it Overclocked?

System Specs

CPU Intel Core i5 3570k @ Corsair H100i  GPU EVGA GTX770 Reference Design  Mainboard MSI Z77A-GD65  RAM Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz  PSU Corsair HX650  Storage Samsung Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD  Case LianLi PC-A51  Soundcard Asus Xonar DGX  Monitor Dell U2311H, Dell P2314H, Acer P193W  Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse Logitech G502  Headphones Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro w/ DT990 Earpads  Mousepad Steelseries QCK  

Do you have them installed on the H100i interface and got CorsairLink installed? If so, try switching on performance mode and tell us temperatures, run Prime95 and use Coretemp to read temperatures.

Yes I have Corsair Link installed. Without anything open, it's reading 52C on Link. What are the other two softwares?

52C is way too hot for an H100i, im using one myself on a non-oced i5 3570k and i get ~38C idle. Get some Thermalcompound (Arctic Cooling MX2 will work), and some isopropyl alcohol. Clean of the CPU HS and the Copper cooling surface of the H100i using a microfibre cloth and the alcohol. Apply a pea size dash of Thermalcompound on the middle of the CPU and remount it.

System Specs

//Edit: Also, what CPU are you using. Is it Overclocked?

Here's the temp on Coretemp:http://imgur.com/jH5vd37 (Sorry I don't know how to upload here) Is Prime95 benchmarking software that I was supposed to run it with?

What case do you have and how is it installed?

NZXT Switch 810, pull from outside the case.

Prime 95 is a stresstesting software. Dial in Small FFT and let it run for 10 mins, screenshot temperatures.

//Edit: Given that i didnt use above showed method to install my H100i on the same chipset i dont think itll make a difference.

System Specs

Why would you not mention your CPU..

Because I'm a dumb male-version-of-a-damsel-in-distress.... that's why... it's a 3770k

Prime 95 is a stresstesting software. Dial in Small FFT and let it run for 10 mins, screenshot temperatures.

//Edit: Given that i didnt use above showed method to install my H100i on the same chipset i dont think itll make a difference.

How many stress threads?

EDIT:// I also bought IC Diamond because of my suspicion... so I have that to use.

http://imgur.com/sNEcYJN ... this happened within the first 5 seconds... I thought it made sense to discontinue it... o.0

Looks like you were right. Most likely a Bad mount.

System Specs

Isn't this a Z87/Z97 issue only?

Its predominately an LGA1150 issue, but has been known to happen with other sockets.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Is this applicable with an ASROCK Extreme 4? (it says that only thin mobos need this)

It can happen to any motherboard really, its most common on Intel's side though.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

You can try with this mod, it's just buying a couple of rubber washers from a hardware store. They are really cheap, might even want to get different sizes to try out.

Looks like you were right. Most likely a Bad mount.

Got any tips for re-mounting? I think i might do it now... alcohol face wash worked well last time as a substitute for isopropyl. Thanks for you're help. I'll post an update if I redo it tonight :P

Project Arctic Freeze was a success. Thanks to all that helped. Stress-test running 30C lower, and idle 20-30C!