Razer Leviathan - I don't trust Razer here...

Senzelian

My old 5.1 sound system is almost dead after 6 years. Thats the reason why I want something new.
I don't really have the space for another 5.1 or 7.1 system and I also don't like to have so many cables. I want something simple which fits easily on my desk and looks nice. 

I've seen the Razer Leviathan now a couple of times and it would fit perfectly in my current scenario.

It looks good, fits on my desk, has a subwoofer and also bluetooth build in. Also tomorrow is a 50% off sale on Razer products.

But as much as I like Razer's keyboards and mice, I'm not really sure what to think about their audio section.

I only heard pretty bad stuff about their Kraken headphones, so I can't really imagine that they would be able to build a good soundbar.

So, what do you guys think? Is the Razer Leviathan worth the money? Have you experience with it? Is there maybe a better solution?

Thanks!

Edit: Here's the link to the Leviathan: http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-leviathan

One speaker in one place does not make 5.1 at best it will be enhanced stereo.

General rule of thumb, never use Razer audio products ever. 

This too.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

One speaker in one place does not make 5.1 at best it will be enhanced stereo.

I don't want to replace my old 5.1 system really. I'm fine with a stereo system. Just something that is small, looks great and sounds good.

I don't want to replace my old 5.1 system really. I'm fine with a stereo system. Just something that is small, looks great and sounds good.

I suggest you try some actual sound product like this 

https://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Sound/Soundsystems/Edifier-Studio-R1900TII-20-System-schwarz::20521.html

or this

https://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Sound/Soundsystems/Edifier-Studio-R1280T-20-System::25234.html

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Swan M10's do it for a lot of people too. 

I prefer stereo speakers over 2.1 because bass diminishes stereo effect with 2.1, but that is just me. Also bookshelf speakers look nice. :P

Spoiler

I prefer stereo speakers over 2.1 because bass diminishes stereo effect with 2.1, but that is just me. Also bookshelf speakers look nice. :P

A lot of people are all about the bass, and M10's will at least give them that with out fucking everything else up. Remove subjectivity and make recommendations more objective, unless op tells us what he whats, imply he is like most of the population. 

Swan M10's do it for a lot of people too. 

They look pretty good of course, but it might be a problem to fit them on my desk.

Are you guys sure, that there isn't any good soundbar? And if there isn't, is there a pair of speakers which is maybe a bit smaller?

Btw. They're mainly for games and rock and metal. So I don't need much bass :P

Edit: Oh, I just saw that the M10s aren't that big actually. o:

A lot of people are all about the bass, and M10's will at least give them that with out fucking everything else up. Remove subjectivity and make recommendations more objective, unless op tells us what he whats, imply he is like most of the population. 

Those swans have 5 inch sub, my recommended bookshelves have two 4 inch drivers. So I don't know what would will in bass, should not be a big difference  :lol:  

They look pretty good of course, but it might be a problem to fit them on my desk.

Are you guys sure, that there isn't any good soundbar? And if there isn't, is there a pair of speakers which is maybe a bit smaller?

Btw. They're mainly for games and rock and metal. So I don't need much bass  :P

R1280T isn't that big
R1280T-5.jpg

Spoiler

Btw. They're mainly for games and rock and metal. So I don't need much bass :P

Edit: Oh, I just saw that the M10s aren't that big actually. o:

Do you, don't get the white ones if you go with the M10's

Those swans have 5 inch sub, my recommended bookshelves have two 4 inch drivers. So I don't know what would will in bass, should not be a big difference  :lol:

R1280T isn't that big 

Its a nice five inch, HiVi does wonders with smaller drivers, but in the end its up to OP, everything mentioned is good, just depends on what OP wants. 

Do you, don't get the white ones if you go with the M10's

Its a nice five inch, HiVi does wonders with smaller drivers, but in the end its up to OP, everything mentioned is good, just depends on what OP wants. 

Yeh, I guess. I just prefer bookshelves myself, they look sweet.

Spoiler

Stereo subs, dogg. It's how it should be done, but isn't.

All about that bass, no treble, lows, mids, high- ALL ABOUT THAT BA-*Gets washed out from bass drop*

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Stereo subs, dogg. It's how it should be done, but isn't.

07.jpg

It can be, Edifier studio 7/8 here.

Spoiler

Creative Gigaeorks T20. Best small solution. T40 is a louder version, if you think you need louder.

Creative Gigaeorks T20. Best small solution. T40 is a louder version, if you think you need louder.

They look fantastic. Especially the T40s. Thanks  :)

Ehm... I'm using the Razer Kraken 7.1 and it sounds pretty amazing.

Ehm... I'm using the Razer Kraken 7.1 and it sounds pretty amazing.

Are you sure?

I also thought my old Stealseries Siberia V2 sounded awesome, until I listened to a cheap 20€ Sennheiser headset, which sounded ten times better...