Tech/gaming hiatus a good idea?

Aleks

I have my second semester of grade 12 coming up and it contains almost all classes required of me to get into a post secondary course. I am not very motivated when it comes to school and I am very easily distracted. I Have been thinking of going on a hiatus. Putting my ccomputer, ps4, everything in the attic and saying farewell for 5 months. I wwould be blocking out all distractions such as YouTube, Reddit, even LTT. I am very serious about my post secondary schooling and I think it would be cool to see what it is like coming back to everything aftafter 5-6 months. Have you guys ever done something like this? Do you think this will help me concentrate of school and my grades? Or do you think this will do more harm then good? Please tell me what you think!

It's grade 12. =| If you avoid the distractions how are you going to over come them in post secondary? Fix the problem, Organize yourself in a different way then you did before. Just try new things to get your work done till you find one best for you.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Only had to read the title to be able to tell you that the answer is 'no'.

If you're up for it, go ahead & get motivated about what you're focusing on. Keep doing it daily & you'll soon find that getting off your consoles aren't that hard. Tried it myself & I must say I do get distracted at times & I'll tell myself to FOCUS everytime I lose my track. Here's the tip before you begin your day. 

Write down your TO DO LIST EVERY SINGLE DAY & PLAN WELL so you'll be productive. 

I have a friend who was coached & all he did was finishing one semester that takes 4 months in A MONTH so he could focus on the things he loves to do & still work on building his business. He scored with flying colors & that totally changed his life. It really comes down to your core focus. Let me ask you this, what do you really want in life & what do you wanna achieve, work your way up from there!

It's grade 12. =| If you avoid the distractions how are you going to over come them in post secondary? Fix the problem, Organize yourself in a different way then you did before. Just try new things to get your work done till you find one best for you.

I understand what you are saying, I appreciate the advice. You don't think blocking out my distractions for a while won't make me less dependent on them when it comes to post-secondary? 

I don't know if going cold turkey is a good idea, you should try to instead to adhere to a schedule like 1 hour of gaming, then finish all homework and such and then more gaming. Just make a conscious effort to reduce your gaming time to reasonable levels.

-------

Current Rig

-------