M50X vs AKG K 550

thekeemo

Im between these two headphones and cant choose between them

I'm buying from memory express because its alot easier to return stuff if I dont like them. The HD 518's look like they have really uncomfortable earcups.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Category/Headphones

note: i like bass and need something that can be driven by my tablet

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

h558, hd518 are definitely more comfortable than m50x

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

M50x is pointless and overpriced, which would point to the Akg's if you can't get a hold of DT770's. HD518's are very comfortable, and it has little to do with the earcups. 

I have the AKGs and I really like them, personally prefer them to the M50X. Of course sound is a very personal thing

I have the AKGs and I really like them, personally prefer them to the M50X. Of course sound is a very personal thing

M50x is pointless and overpriced, which would point to the Akg's if you can't get a hold of DT770's. HD518's are very comfortable, and it has little to do with the earcups.

h558, hd518 are definitely more comfortable than m50x

Looks like I'm going to have to try them all on

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I like the AKG "house sound" but have never heard the 550 (I don't remember hearing them anyway).  I love the ATH-M50.  Trying them all is the very much the best advice, if you can somehow arrange to do so.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

I had mixed opinions about the AKG K550. I got them used for $100 and they sounded great for the price but the seal wasn't the best and their pads were just downright awful. I could only wear it for about 30 mins. The fake leather was just absolutely terrible. With that said, the M50x is a terrible solution as well. It's overpriced for what is basically a $80 headphone. I would rather get the Sony MDR7506 over the M50x. 

I had mixed opinions about the AKG K550. I got them used for $100 and they sounded great for the price but the seal wasn't the best and their pads were just downright awful. I could only wear it for about 30 mins. The fake leather was just absolutely terrible. With that said, the M50x is a terrible solution as well. It's overpriced for what is basically a $80 headphone. I would rather get the Sony MDR7506 over the M50x.

I'm going for a pair of 558s I found for $115

Hope you post back here with your impressions.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Hope you post back here with your impressions.

will do