Who's Amped for GTA V Jan 27 ?

I/O

Im amped for it, but Im not gonna buy it anytime soon. Im gonna wait till I can get  it for $5 on sale.

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

Rockstar has said they put time into making the PC version the best this time.

Thats what they all say :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

If it's a good port i'll buy it, but if not i'm never buying another rockstar game because I hate them as a company.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Im amped for it, but Im not gonna buy it anytime soon. Im gonna wait till I can get  it for $5 on sale.

You may have to wait a year or 2 lol

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

If the PC port is good then I'll probably play it at some point.

You may have to wait a year or 2 lol

Yeah but knowing steam it will drop at somepoint, then Ill wait for the summer sale. You could pick up every single GTA except for V for $7 this winter...

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

Based on what, exactly? Rockstar's own near-baseless promises that it will be well made while begging us to pre-order?

We'll see.

Based on the fact that it's a PC version that was based on the Xbox One and Ps4. Also Max Payne 3 was a decently well optimized game. Heck it plays like butter on my HD 7850 LOL.

Based on the fact that it's a PC version that was based on the Xbox One and Ps4. Also Max Payne 3 was a decently well optimized game. Heck it plays like butter on my HD 7850 LOL.

MP3 is a linear game with a ton of cutscenes. Not even Ubisoft could make such game run bad.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

I'm really excited, but I just spent my pocket money on a pair of HyperX Clouds (well worth it), so I'll probably em... borrow it to get a feel, but will 100% buy it when I can because I'm so excited for online stuff. This and Arkham Knight are games I'm buying as soon as possible.

I still don't know why people say it's releasing on the 27 when steam has changed the date to early 2015.

Other than that all I can hope for is that it delivers.

Inb4 it has shitty optimization

Triple-A price 16 months after initial release for a poorly optimized port. Insult to injury. I won't be buying immediately, no pre-ordering. TotalBiscuit will be calling it like it is, and if it really is a goddamn amazing PC port maybe I will buy shortly after release, even full price.

I still don't know why people say it's releasing on the 27 when steam has changed the date to early 2015.

They changed it to Early 2015 ages ago. Maybe before Jan27th was announced. I think Steam is just being cautious since Rockstar is so bad at meeting release dates.

As someone who has already played GTAV... I'm amped for GTAV whenever I can get it dirt cheap.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

MP3 is a linear game with a ton of cutscenes. Not even Ubisoft could make such game run bad.

MP3 was unplayable when I had the Phenom II x4 955 but now it plays like butter on same GPU and Intel Core i5 4690K.

A few sources have already confirmed that Rockstar still say the game will be released on Jan 27th.

Here's one of those sources: PCGamer

Side note, I'm not sure if this is because of the country I live in but is anybody able to pre-order the game yet on Steam? I know it doesn't make much difference pre-ordering a digital copy I just like to pre-load when the option is available as the internet here sucks and I don't really want to wait around on release day.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5GHz  -  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980  -  RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator

Storage: 120GB OCZ Vertex 4, 1TB Western Digital Black, 2TB Wetsern Digital Green

PSU: Corsair Gold AX 850W  -  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2 SP in push)  -  Case: Coolermaster Storm Trooper

Steam said Early 2015 since they put it up. Last I checked Jan 27 2015 is early 2015 LOL.

A few sources have already confirmed that Rockstar still say the game will be released on Jan 27th.

Side note, I'm not sure if this is because of the country I live in but is anybody able to pre-order the game yet on Steam? I know it doesn't make much difference pre-ordering a digital copy I just like to pre-load when the option is available as the internet here sucks and I don't really want to wait around on release day.

It's going to take about 24hrs to DL GTA V on my shit internet connection LOL.

ill wait and see if i even want it. having no RL pc friends to play it with, it seems like it will be quite boring and pointless to buy

There have been decently-optimized Assassin's Creed games, too. That fact didn't do much to help Unity.

Max Payne 3 is quite possibly Rockstar's only decent PC port in their lifetime, and it's not like it was a game with very lofty ambitions. And technical issues aside, Max Payne 3 is a very mediocre game anyway unless you're a fan of watching hours of unskippable cutscenes.

Saying it's "shaping up to be the one of the best PC games ever released" is a dangerous way to think. No one outside of Rockstar has even played it. We can only blame the publishers so much for over-hyping their games and under-delivering—when we say things like that we're part of the problem.

There have been decently-optimized Assassin's Creed games, too. That fact didn't do much to help Unity.

Ubisoft LOL.

Max Payne 3 is quite possibly Rockstar's only decent PC port in their lifetime, and it's not like it was a game with very lofty ambitions. And technical issues aside, Max Payne 3 is a very mediocre game anyway unless you're a fan of watching hours of unskippable cutscenes.

Max Payne 3 was a very well recived game and I am still enjoying it today. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/max-payne-3

Saying it's "shaping up to be the one of the best PC games ever released" is a dangerous way to think. No one outside of Rockstar has even played it. We can only blame the publishers so much for over-hyping their games and under-delivering—when we say things like that we're part of the problem.

GTA V is already is one of the best games ever made on many standpoints. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/grand-theft-auto-v

Ubisoft LOL.

Max Payne 3 was a very well recived game and I am still enjoying it today. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/max-payne-3

GTA V is already is one of the best games ever made on many standpoints. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/grand-theft-auto-v

idk how people consider it so great. you literally grind money and spend it on stuff that doesnt benefit u besides guns which arent even hard to get, u level up skills which slighttttly help you. Its like an mmo and if console players actually even tried mmos they realize its ripped off a lot of games to a point

ill give it one thing, it is different and can be fun with friends. but as a everyday playable game it only as moments of being fun. PC players have had and are used to games like this so its not as hyped. again... it is different but its not that hype worthly since its going to pc

idk how people consider it so great. you literally grind money and spend it on stuff that doesnt benefit u besides guns which arent even hard to get, u level up skills which slighttttly help you. Its like an mmo and if console players actually even tried mmos they realize its ripped off a lot of games to a point

ill give it one thing, it is different and can be fun with friends. but as a everyday playable game it only as moments of being fun. PC players have had and are used to games like this so its not as hyped. again... it is different but its not that hype worthly since its going to pc

From a technical standpoint it looks absolutly amazing, the soundtrack is the tits and it's funny and entertaining as hell.

From a technical standpoint it looks absolutly amazing, the soundtrack is the tits and it's funny and entertaining as hell.

well i can send u a picture of poop i had 2 years ago and then i can take my HD camera and take a picture of my new poop with the steam rolling off. stilllll not gonna be overly hyped  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

well i can send u a picture of poop i had 2 years ago and then i can take my HD camera and take a picture of my new poop with the steam rolling off. stilllll not gonna be overly hyped  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think GTA V is vastly more entertaining than your "poop" ... just IMHO though .

I think GTA V is vastly more entertaining than your "poop" ... just IMHO though .

compared to other games, its the same stuff... just different story