Who's Amped for GTA V Jan 27 ?

I/O

I am patiently waiting, not going to pre-order. Going to see how well it runs and if it is crap, I will buy it for xbox one.

I am patiently waiting, not going to pre-order. Going to see how well it runs and if it is crap, I will buy it for xbox one.

I think it's safe to say that it's goging to take Dual high end GPUs and a strong Intel CPU to max out with 60fps @ 1080P.

I think it's safe to say that it's goging to take Dual high end GPUs and a strong Intel CPU to max out with 60fps @ 1080P.

What makes you think that, we dont know anything yet...

Usually games that look great and offer vast open world highly detailed environments take allot of processing muscle. I would bet money that my speculation on hardware requirements will be pretty close to reality.

^ This.

Why in the world would it be OK for a game to not be able to achieve 1080p 60fps maxed out with a GTX 980.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

^ This.

Why in the world would it be OK for a game to not be able to achieve 1080p 60fps maxed out with a GTX 980.

Some games just command a ton of processing horsepower. It can be due to unoptimized code, highly detailed and over tessilated graphics and massive resolution with high levels of AA.

I spent alot of hours 100%ing the game and my online character is like level 40 so thats not too bad. I think the last thing I was doing was those group missions where the enemies spawn in waves, forgot what it was called. But if you get the right group you can glitch it and just hide the entire time and never get hit once. I made alot of money doing those things. I can't wait. I got the common i7 4700k and 780Ti for my rig and 16GB of 1886mhz ram. I should be fine.

Some games just command a ton of processing horsepower. It can be due to unoptimized code, highly detailed and over tessilated graphics and massive resolution with high levels of AA.

I guess, however the only games like that for me are Farcry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity (that I've played in the past 12 months). Can't play on max because AA does tank fps in both of those games. But even so, assuming R* would be just as bad is sad D:

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor