your personal experience with a smartwatch?

Go to solution Solved by QueenDemetria,

Do you have a smart watch which has been gathering dust or is it one of the best things you've bought in a while?

I have a Pebble, but my experiences should be somewhat relateable to other smart watches.

1. My Pebble gets 3+ days of battery, but even if it only had a 1 day battery life it would be fine. I don't wear my watch to sleep, so taking it off to charge isn't an issue at all(at least for me, your mileage my vary).

2. I wear a lot of bracelets, so I can't give a good answer for this, but you will get used to it. My brother never wore a  watch prior to owning a Pebble and he wears his every day(except for when its being RMA'd lol).

3. This is a tough one for me, because I like being able to change the watchfaces at any time, but on the other hand getting notifications really isn't that useful(it can be handy, just not that often). (Not sure about Android wear), but having apps on your wrist can be handy. I can track packages and view things like outside temperature and steps taken, so its usefulness in apps does make up for how useless it is for notifications(however, you can reply from Android wear, so maybe it would be more useful).

I am very very tempted to get an android wear smart watch, specifically the LG G Watch R because I can get it for cheap

However I wanted to know what your personal experience is with any smart watch in general
i'm concerned about things such as
-short battery life becoming tedious especially with charging
-Not being used to wearing watches
-Functionality not as extensive as I expect which may exaggerate above points (what sort of things can you actually do with an android wear watch?)

Do you have a smart watch which has been gathering dust or is it one of the best things you've bought in a while?

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

its a cool gadget. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I think it might help if you're wanting a bit more organization and convenience in your life, but I've never owned a smartwatch, so don't take my advice very seriously.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have a Pebble, but my experiences should be somewhat relateable to other smart watches.

1. My Pebble gets 3+ days of battery, but even if it only had a 1 day battery life it would be fine. I don't wear my watch to sleep, so taking it off to charge isn't an issue at all(at least for me, your mileage my vary).

2. I wear a lot of bracelets, so I can't give a good answer for this, but you will get used to it. My brother never wore a  watch prior to owning a Pebble and he wears his every day(except for when its being RMA'd lol).

3. This is a tough one for me, because I like being able to change the watchfaces at any time, but on the other hand getting notifications really isn't that useful(it can be handy, just not that often). (Not sure about Android wear), but having apps on your wrist can be handy. I can track packages and view things like outside temperature and steps taken, so its usefulness in apps does make up for how useless it is for notifications(however, you can reply from Android wear, so maybe it would be more useful).

I am very very tempted to get an android wear smart watch, specifically the LG G Watch R because I can get it for cheap

However I wanted to know what your personal experience is with any smart watch in general

i'm concerned about things such as

-short battery life becoming tedious especially with charging

-Not being used to wearing watches

-Functionality not as extensive as I expect which may exaggerate above points (what sort of things can you actually do with an android wear watch?)

I own a Moto 360, works great

the battery generally lasts with average use from 7 AM to ~4 PM with 60% left

a note of caution though: if you're getting a moto 360 ask if you can have a person turn it on at a store and check for dead and/or stuck pixels, i had to return 2 from Best Buy because one had 4 dead pixels and the other had one stuck white pixel

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

I own a Moto 360, works great

the battery generally lasts with average use from 7 AM to ~4 PM with 60% left

a note of caution though: if you're getting a moto 360 ask if you can have a person turn it on at a store and check for dead and/or stuck pixels, i had to return 2 from Best Buy because one had 4 dead pixels and the other had one stuck white pixel

Thanks you guys, that was good insight

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!