So I've just had a thought , would it be safe to paint a motherboard ?

And if so how would one do that?

Just wondering base I can't find a white and orange motherboard lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Watch some youtube videos on it

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

This^

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Two words: Plasti Dip

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

ok , I'll do that later

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

Two words: Plasti Dip

ah yes good idea lol

Spoiler
Spoiler

If you are talking PCB I've seen people do it but I usually don't recommend it since it has a small possibility of destroying the PCB from the paint chemicals, you want to remove heatsinks and mask like no tomorrow to prevent any over spray and any places that have contacts to heatsinks.

Plasti-dip is slightly better since it's easily removable but you need to make sure to make cut lines before removing any masking to prevent surrounding palsti-dip from being lifted.

maybe only paint the heatsinks

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

maybe only paint the heatsinks

my heat sinks are already orange , but the pcm is a boring black and I wanted a white pcb , so yea ... .-.

Spoiler
Spoiler

I'm not sure you can paint a PCB, infact I am pretty sure that you cannot, because of the chemicals in paint may degrade the traces, or perhaps even short circuit them.

Heatsinks are fine, just look up some tuts like others have suggested.

The chemicals in spray paint will not directly harm the traces, but they might harm the solder mask, which is a protective film laid over the traces.  Once exposed the traces could then oxidize and that would be a problem.

The chemicals in spray paint will not directly harm the traces, but they might harm the solder mask, which is a protective film laid over the traces.  Once exposed the traces could then oxidize and that would be a problem.

and this is why i asked on ltt , beacuse i wouldnt have known about all that and then fucked up an expensive mobo. so i think ill just try and source an already white mobo like the asus sabertooth snow camo special edition (if i can find that one anywheres still) or idk scrap my plans lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler