How would this handle Streaming + Gaming?

Soaked
Go to solution Solved by AMICLG,

The motherboard isn't very good if you plan to OC, I'd look at a board with a 6 phase VRM that way you keep down the cost but still have room to OC. Something like a Asrock Z97 Pro4 You really should get an SSD, it stops a lot of frame drops in games because it's fast enough to keep up with the GPU especially if your loading textures at 1440p+ also Windows itself is MUCH more responsive. It's 2015 EVERY computer should have an SSD. Saying SSD's are aren't worth it is like saying flash drives aren't worth it because we can just use a floppy disk. ;)

I'm probably only going to be streaming league and cs:go on lowest settings with this build but I'm planning to play the newest game titles (Far Cry 4, future games) off stream and I'd like to know how well they would handle even if I decide to buy a 4k or 1440p monitor later in the years as the price drops.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/VftcVn

Anyone think I should change anything? (I can still refund pretty easily) I don't think a SSD is really worth spending an extra 50 bucks, I'd rather have a longer load time.

Slight concern is my motherboard, not sure if it's good enough.

Thanks

Yes it's perfect for streaming and AAA titles.

1440p it will be great as well.

4k it'll struggle in AAA titles unless you get another 290x.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Should do pretty good. The mobo will be just fine.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Yeah, that motherboard is really cheap-ass for that build. If you want to do some streaming the microphone and headset will perform pretty poor.

Perhaps throw in a Syba DAC, eventhough the impedance matching is pretty bad it will still be lots better than the onboard.

Yeah, that motherboard is really cheap-ass for that build. If you want to do some streaming the microphone and headset will perform pretty poor.

Perhaps throw in a Syba DAC, eventhough the impedance matching is pretty bad it will still be lots better than the onboard.

What motherboard would you recommend? At the time there weren't really any sales for higher quality mobo's so they were like double the price lol.

Edit: I think I'd rather upgrade the motherboard when I get more money than throw in a Syba DAC, thanks for the suggestion tho.

The motherboard isn't very good if you plan to OC, I'd look at a board with a 6 phase VRM that way you keep down the cost but still have room to OC. Something like a Asrock Z97 Pro4 You really should get an SSD, it stops a lot of frame drops in games because it's fast enough to keep up with the GPU especially if your loading textures at 1440p+ also Windows itself is MUCH more responsive. It's 2015 EVERY computer should have an SSD. Saying SSD's are aren't worth it is like saying flash drives aren't worth it because we can just use a floppy disk. ;)

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I plan to OC in the future is why I bought a 4690k instead of a 4660 and I'll look into another mobo like the one you recommended before I start overclocking at higher frequency's I guess. Kind of worried about the audio now that Majestic mentioned my headset would preform pretty poor

And ok ok I'll look into buying a value 128GB SSD lol, it's just another thing I have to learn since I have no idea how to use it with a HDD.

Thank you.

I plan to OC in the future is why I bought a 4690k instead of a 4660 and I'll look into another mobo like the one you recommended before I start overclocking at higher frequency's I guess. Kind of worried about the audio now that Majestic mentioned my headset would preform pretty poor

And ok ok I'll look into buying a value 128GB SSD lol, it's just another thing I have to learn since I have no idea how to use it with a HDD.

Thank you.

You plug it in like a HDD and use it, note some of them require you to format them before you can install an OS on them.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!