Teaching my friend how to use a USB

Shally

She needs it for projects soon enough and she has no idea... I was surprised that she knew where the On switch was. No joke.

Where will I start? just need a few pointers, I can't teach at all and I'd get side tracked and start telling her about USB type C ;-; 

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

are you serious? tell her how to open ''computer'' and where to plug the usb... i mean theres not much more to it is there?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

• On the computer
  • Plug in USB
  • Find USB directory
  • Find directory of file(s) you want to transfer
  • Drag file

Done. Do this kind of shit for my mom all the time.

Oh and make sure she's terrified of unplugging the USB before it's done.

You plug it in and move the file over. If she does not get this concept tell her to use email.

are you serious? tell her how to open ''computer'' and where to plug the usb... i mean theres not much more to it is there?

She doesn't even  know how to move files, never mind move them to a usb that she won't be able to find

You plug it in and move the file over. If she does not get this concept tell her to use email.

I think she's a lost soul, she asked me why I don't use Internet Explorer when it's ten times better and faster then "Googles crap" 

Wow.... just......wow.

Youtube video "how to computer"?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think she's a lost soul, she asked me why I don't use Internet Explorer when it's ten times better and faster then "Googles crap"

I wouldn't help them.

Well in fairness she is right about one thing, Chrome is crap much like the rest of the big 3 browsers.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Well in fairness she is right about one thing, Chrome is crap much like the rest of the big 3 browsers.

Which do you prefer so?

Which do you prefer so?

I switch between Chrome and Firefox depending on which happens to be the least broken for the task at hand. 

I would use other platforms but again they all seem to have so many issues its unbelievable.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Which do you prefer so?

I guees he/she likes Netscape / AoL / Seamonkey / orca you know the usual non mainstream browsers that you problably never heard of

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

I switch between Chrome and Firefox depending on which happens to be the least broken for the task at hand. 

Nice to see an Irish man on here by the way! Meh got annoyed at firefox

I guees he/she likes Nescape / AoL / Seamonkey / orca you know the usual non mainstream browsers that you problably never heard of

Might be a reason no one has heard of them...

I guees he/she likes Netscape / AoL / Seamonkey / orca you know the usual non mainstream browsers that you problably never heard of

Nope because then I run issues into having addons for what I need. Unfortunately I'm stuck with Chrome and Firefox. I fear I've taken this conversation slightly off-topic. I'm just not sure I can add anything to a conversation on teaching the ops friend about usb xD

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Might be a reason no one has heard of them...

I use AOL and it is based on the code from IE 9 . However it runs extremly smooth and opens all the website with the downsite that does not restrore were you left even if you crash . If it had that feature i would probably use it instead of chrome . Seamonkey is also a browser made by ppl who coded Netscape the rest however are some sort of chinese browsers based on firefox coding

I would use other platforms but again they all seem to have so many issues its unbelievable.

Maybe you should try comodo dragon ? It has versions of both Firefox and chrome . Or you can try using maxthon i heard it is also very good

I use AOL and it is based on the code from IE 9 . However it runs extremly smooth and opens all the website with the downsite that does not restrore were you left even if you crash . If it had that feature i would probably use it instead of chrome . Seamonkey is also a browser made by ppl who coded Netscape the rest however are some sort of chinese browsers based on firefox coding

A lot of those seem based off what we already have and like...

A lot of those seem based off what we already have and like...

i nver said that are anything innovating xD . Expect maxthon it is apparently a cloud browser and it is new in market but very fast

i nver said that are anything innovating xD . Expect maxthon it is apparently a cloud browser and it is new in market but very fast

Cool, I'll give it a try sometime but for now I see no need in moving from Chrome!

Was she born in the olden days?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Nothing will beat 14.4k Dialup on Netscape Navigator from my childhood!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz