Re-coloring of Hyper 212 evo

Go to solution Solved by dadasmithywinkle,

-snip-

You should be able to do it without any issues, just make sure the paint isnt too thick.

As much as I like the aesthetic that is given by coolers such as the BeQuiet Darckrock 3, I do not need the thermal capacity of that cooler.  I chose a 212 evo for my i5 4460 because I do not like loud computers (the loudest think in my system is the hard drive at the moment, and I am looking forward to an SSD). The only issue I have with it is that it is a silver cooler. As such It would be nice if I could mod the cooler to be black.

In the Linustech video here:  

Linus said that he recolored the heat sink using a stove paint. I liked the difference this made to the aesthetic of the cooler, and was wondering if there would be any issues if I were to do the same. Its nothing major, but the cooler sticks out like a sore thumb compared with an otherwise all black build. 

Cheers. 

[Edit: the point at which this is said is at 3:22 in the video (ish) ]

Our father, who AWPs in heaven, CS be thy game. Uncase begun, them skins be won, covert - and not mil-spec. Give us this day a StatTrak Knife, and forgive us when we rage quit, as we forgive those who aimbot against us, and lead us not into scamnation but undeliverus a battlescared. GabeN

-snip-

You should be able to do it without any issues, just make sure the paint isnt too thick.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

It's not going to affect any more than a degree or two as long as you don't cake it on there. 

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

As long as you aren't applying a three-inch layer, you'll gain about a degree or two in terms of CPU temperature. Make sure you use stove paint as other paints might not allow heat to radiate.

I thought as much but wanted to get another opinion first. I will make sure to use stove paint, and temps do not exceed 45 degrees at max load so a couple of degrees temps increase it not the end of the world. 

Thank you all for your swift replies.  

[Edit: I will make sure to completely avoid the surface that will make contact with the heat spreader of the CPU, but I do hope that goes without saying]

Our father, who AWPs in heaven, CS be thy game. Uncase begun, them skins be won, covert - and not mil-spec. Give us this day a StatTrak Knife, and forgive us when we rage quit, as we forgive those who aimbot against us, and lead us not into scamnation but undeliverus a battlescared. GabeN