This router can wirelessly power your devices from 20ft away

nrc0

Disclaimer: The title of the article on Engaget's website is edited every time I visit the article. First time I read it, the article said up to 20ft away. A day later it said 30ft. Now it says 15ft. Just take it with a gain of salt please...

New "router" device claims it can wirelessly power devices.

Link to full article here.

Summary Below

energouswattuplede.jpg

"Wireless charging hasn't really set the world on fire.

Energous is one of a handful of companies hoping to change that. It claims its technology can charge your phone and wearable from up to 15 feet away, no wires required."

"It works using a mix of RF, Bluetooth and a lot of patent-pending technology. The transmitter is where most of the magic happens. It communicates with and locates compatible devices using low-energy Bluetooth. Once they've established contact with a device, they send out focused RF signals on the same bands as WiFi that are then absorbed and converted into DC power by a tiny chip embedded in the device. These transmitters can be built into household appliances, TVs, speakers and standalone "energy routers."

"The company is making moves to attract partners, like joining the Power Matters Alliance as chair of its new "uncoupled power" working group, and adding respected engineer Martin Cooper -- aka the father of the cellphone -- to its board of advisors. Nonetheless, if, how and when WattUp will roll out is down to Energous' partners. The company will need a big-name manufacturer to sign up for the tech, and until that happens, it's unlikely to take off in a massive way. Should that happen, though, the potential is huge. Imagine toys that never run out of power; wearables you never need to take off; energy routers built into every home appliance or light fitting. The future for Energous could be bright, but it doesn't have to persuade you or I; it needs to persuade the companies that manufacture our devices."

Original Article taken from www.engadget.com. I, by no means own this article or any information it contains.

Okay now we're getting ridiculous with high-power radiation in such close proximity to ourselves.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Is Engadget's mobile site broken for anyone else? Some of the text is being cut off.

Is Engadget's mobile site broken for anyone else? Some of the text is being cut off.

Yeah it's messed up for me as well

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Can I get cancer from this too?

I agree with everyone else. Sounds dangerous.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Can I get cancer from this too?

You can get cancer from literally anything, so yes.

I really doubt it will increase the risk of getting cancer by any meaningful number though.

Can i shock someone with the enrgy 20feet away too ? :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

ALL mobile sites are stupid, just make sure the desktop version works on mobile devices.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

ALL mobile sites are stupid, just make sure the desktop version works on mobile devices.

That's harder to code for a perfectly responsive site

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Okay now we're getting ridiculous with high-power radiation in such close proximity to ourselves.

I'm hot I'm very hot OMG why I'm red why ????????????//

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Nope they are different and need different designs.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That's harder to code for a perfectly responsive site

the only problems I ever have with the desktop versions on Android is the occasional Java or Flash requirement for videos or advertisements (I don't really give a fuck if the ads can't load though).

Nope they are different and need different designs.

well ALL mobile sites have stupid designs then. But as far as I care, mobile is just a smaller screen and that's how it should be considered.

wow, the title is the only typed thing in this post and it somehow managed to mess up. its 30 not 20ft :v

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

well ALL mobile sites have stupid designs then. But as far as I care, mobile is just a smaller screen and that's how it should be considered.

Have you used the mobile version for LTT it's different.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

sounds like cancer

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Have you used the mobile version for LTT it's different.

Its cancer

Its cancer

Really I thought it's really nice.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

except that kind of radiation has not been proven to affect us.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Thats it I'm putting on my tinfoil hat and going into my bunker

might not want to bring that rig with you, it does radatie all kinds things.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Really I thought it's really nice.

It does work smoothly but its not pleasent to look at and has less function than the normal site

It does work smoothly but its not pleasent to look at and has less function than the normal site

That pic you posted when you quoted me what is it? I can't load it

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ