64GB USB drive

waggythegeek

I need a good, reliable 64 GB USB drive for backing up, moving and storing(yeah, I know, don't store stuff permanently on a USB, don't worry, I've got a plan...) a bunch of files on an old computer. Any recommendations?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

If you have a plan, what are we suppose to say?  Any brand-name USB drive will work.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

Any one brand particularly preferred?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Corsair flash survivor stealth. I love mine. Its awesome.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Any one brand particularly preferred?

Just get something from a well-known brand and you'll be good.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Kingston made one I think?

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I also own a corsair stealth survivor and the voyager in 64gb.  I would recommend them to anyone.

San Disk... cheap and never had one die... break maybe but thats cause i'm rough on them... the survivor series by like corsair is a thing but they get expensive.. I just got 2 32GB USB 3.0 san disk drives for 15 bucks a piece..  64s aren't that much more expensive so.. yeah...

The best drives out there without going to ludicrous amounts of money is the SanDisk extreme series right now.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I need a good, reliable 64 GB USB drive for backing up, moving and storing(yeah, I know, don't store stuff permanently on a USB, don't worry, I've got a plan...) a bunch of files on an old computer. Any recommendations?

Hey waggythegeek,

As you pointed out, USB sticks are not particularly good for longer term storage and backups. They tend to get broken or lost. When left aside, due to the nature of storage (like SSDs) they might lose the charge and you might end up with corrupted data. 
I would suggest getting a good external HDD to move and store much more data and be more secure. A good inexpensive drive would be WD Elements Portable which works great, does not have hardware encryption (even if the enclosure or PCB fails, you can get the drive out and still read the data) and is rather inexpensive. Here's a link: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=470.

Aside from that, as the guys mentioned, pretty much any well-known brand should do the job for what you need it for. :)

Hope this helps!

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

I own a Corsair Flash Voyager 3.0. It is water resistant, so much durabilty.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.