Nvidia to release three new Geforce GTX cards this month.

Anniemoose98

Sorry if this has already been posted! I did a search and saw nothing.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-to-release-three-new-geforce-gtx-graphics-cards-this-month/

Nvidia Corp. plans to introduce three new GeForce GTX graphics cards later this month, according to a new media report. The new graphics cards will offer different levels of performance and will address various market segments.

Three new graphics cards to be announced are GeForce GTX 960, GeForce GTX 960 Ti and GeForce GTX 965 Ti, reports Wccftech web-site. Although the graphics boards will have similar model numbers, they are projected to be powered by different graphics processing units and therefore will offer completely different levels of performance.

nvidia_geforce_gtx_660_1-1024x497.jpg

The GeForce GTX 960 is projected to be based on a brand-new code-named GM206 chip with 128-bit memory bus and unknown amount of stream processors. The GeForce GTX 960 Ti and GeForce GTX 965 Ti are reportedly powered by cut-down GM204 graphics processors with 256-bit memory bus. The GeForce GTX 960 Ti will sport 1280 stream processors, whereas the GeForce GTX 965 Ti will feature 1536 stream processors.

Given the fact that the GeForce GTX 960 sports a rather low-performance graphics processing unit, the card will barely beat the GeForce GTX 760, according to data published by Iyd.kr. The GeForce GTX 960 Ti and 965 Ti graphics boards will offer considerably higher performance, which is comparable to that of the GeForce GTX 780.

Nvidia-Geforce-GTX-960-GTX-960-Ti-GTX-96

It is expected that all three new GeForce GTX graphics cards will be announced on the 22nd of January, 2015.

If this is correct, a return of the GTX *65 model would be cool.

Still lower performance than a 290... Let's see how the price will look like.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I prefer the 970 anyday =D 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

If that's the case, they'd better all be sub £200 as the R9 290 is pretty much at that point now, and that seems to benchmark higher than all of these new releases.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

If that's the case, they'd better all be sub £200 as the R9 290 is pretty much at that point now, and that seems to benchmark higher than all of these new releases.

I totally agree. Even the 970 is at a really spectacular $/perf. ratio right now that might make these a hard sell over it if not priced appropriately.

They better price these cards in the same range as a 760.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OP added 955Ti + 960Ti. L2Read.

OT: No pricing?

????????? Read the other thread bro.

TJ2adEO.png

RIP in pepperonis m8s

????????? Read the other thread bro.

TJ2adEO.png

oh sorry, just read the title.

idk about this thread then

965? Nvidia no!

NVidia yes! This might be better than a 760, and probably cheaper than a 970, plus cooler than a 760, so it might be the perfect compromise for me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This is how it should be.

Fast

Faster

Fastest.

FUIM1000DOLLARS

Nvidia please read my message.

NVidia yes! This might be better than a 760, and probably cheaper than a 970, plus cooler than a 760, so it might be the perfect compromise for me.

Definitely seems like it could be a good compromise for budget gamers. 

AMD and Nvidia both need to work on their damned naming conventions >_>

Nvidia's is pretty good actually.

AMDs is just a clusterf of mistakes though. The old 4 number one was better

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Nvidia's is pretty good actually.

AMDs is just a clusterf of mistakes though. The old 4 number one was better

960, 960 Ti, 965 Ti, each completely different is "pretty good"?

The real question is this: since Intel's Gen 8 graphics architecture is showing 60% IPC gains over Haswell, as well as full DX 11.2 support and possibley DX 12, will the GTX 950/TI still be a better GPU than Iris Pro 6200?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

960, 960 Ti, 965 Ti, each completely different is "pretty good"?

Yea. 960 is a 960, 960 Ti is a beefed up 960, and the 965 is between the 960 and the 970

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Yea. 960 is a 960, 960 Ti is a beefed up 960, and the 965 is between the 960 and the 970

Not according to the quote in the OP

Although the graphics boards will have similar model numbers, they are projected to be powered by different graphics processing units and therefore will offer completely different levels of performance

Not according to the quote in the OP

Yea, they're supposed to perform differently.

It would be kinda pointless if all the cards performed the same wouldn't it?

Yea, they're supposed to perform differently.

It would be kinda pointless if all the cards performed the same wouldn't it?

What, exactly, is the difference between this and the 280, 280X and 285? It was a clusterfuck of a naming convention when AMD did it, it's still a clusterfuck when Nvidia do it and they both need to stop.

What, exactly, is the difference between this and the 280, 280X and 285? It was a clusterfuck of a naming convention when AMD did it, it's still a clusterfuck when Nvidia do it and they both need to stop.

285 is a replacement for the 280, it's not that complicated