Will i have to upgrade my PSU? (read description)

R3DOPS
Go to solution Solved by C0LL0SS0S,

Nah 750W is way enough for that Setup

Current specs: 

AMD Phenom II x4 965 --- 8Gb DDR3 RAM --- msi twin frozr iii r7870 --- 250GB SSD --- 500GB HDD --- asus m5a97 r2.0 --- tx750 PSU ---

in the future i am going to upgrade my cpu from amd to an intel i7 4790k in the efforts to get an fps boost in my games when i live stream. but will i also have to upgrade my PSU (corsair tx750) to compensate for the power consumption? if yes or no how can i find out if i need to upgrade my psu in the future? and also do you think its a good idea to upgrade from the old AMD Phenom to an i7 4790k? if not recommend me the part! 

Thanks for all the help! 

:lol:

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Nope. You are fine!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

may i ask how did you figure out in ok? 

just a little tip: if you set the processor affinity of your streaming program to cores "0,1,2,3" on the I7 then it will only allow the program to use more than two cores, while the game will still be able to use them all.

have fun with the processor.

may i ask how did you figure out in ok? 

No Prob, AMD has a higher TDP than Intel so there you go, also a PC with the i7 and two 970 should still be able to run with 750W

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

just a little tip: if you set the processor affinity of your streaming program to cores "0,1,2,3" on the I7 then it will only allow the program to use more than two cores, while the game will still be able to use them all.

have fun with the processor.

you going to have to speak dumb to me because i have no idea what you just said :P 

No Prob, AMD has a higher TDP than Intel so there you go, also a PC with the i7 and two 970 should still be able to run with 750W

ok now this question is off topic, how do you get in the forms the thing below your comment that says " Looking for Sponsors for an epic Waterloop  :P " thanks

ok now this question is off topic, how do you get in the forms the thing below your comment that says " Looking for Sponsors for an epic Waterloop  :P " thanks

haha just change your signature in the settings, BTW Looking for a Sponsor for an Epic Waterloop :D