Google to FCC: if the internet is a Title II utility, let us expand Fiber

For us non-Americans: what does "Title II utility" mean?

Means that all ISPs have to allow competitors to use their hardware, similar to how you can have multiple gas suppliers using the same gas mains.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Means that all ISPs have to allow competitors to use their hardware, similar to how you can have multiple gas suppliers using the same gas mains.

But that's a good thing, isn't it? 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

yep, although the reason we dont have too great a service is dues to a few reasons, but both virgin and bt have been competing with each other offering lower costs and fibre lines

The fibre has finally reached me up in Scotland! Finally!

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Yes. It's worked well for phone companies for years, and it creates competition (small companies can actually start up without hundreds of billions of dollars needed to lay their own lines)

when the hell is the FCC ment to make its ruling?

When they reach the desired amount of bribes most likely.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lets hope Google makes it to Europe ASAP

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Wow by the time america will have fiber i will be on the next gen internet tehnology.

Do something lol,letters,petitions,change the isp

Go google :)

That is exactly the kind of thing needed in all countries to set the internet free. Having only 2 ISPs (different in each country of course) providing networks means that they can both charge high prices for low quality services, and that any other ISP that has to use the same networks can be completely limited in the services they give and the amount of customers they can reach. Net neutrality FTW!!!

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I hope this goes through but I don't google to be my ISP; I already feel like they own and control a large portion of my life (purchasing habits and internet usage) subconsciously. 

If Internet services are classified under Title II, then many small ISPs could be established and become profitable which is great since the average American citizen uses more internet than ever before.

On the other hand, I don't want this to succeed. If current trends continue in terms of the internet infrastructure, then speed of paying customers will continue decrease and cost more. This will lead many people to protest against these monopolies and turn them into government-regulated monopolies (like energy companies) which are a lot better than where we are now. 

Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: ASUS Z97; CPU: i5 4670K; Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB; Graphics Cards: EVGA GTX 760; PSU: Seasonic SS-660XP2; SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Pro 1TB

If only we could have some action like this in the UK, where instead we get an almost-monopoly like situation with BT treating everyone like crap.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Why is there a bunny on Google's vechicle instead of a cheeatah, or some amazingly fast animal

You ever watched a jackrabbit? 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I really hope that this works out in our favor. I live out in the middle of nowhere and no one will bury wires all the way to my subdivision.

"Don't Be Evil" -Google

They've basically become that company I'd willingly hand over my information to, xD