Behold!(Not Really) The GTX 960 And R9 390X

Guest DollarPC

So I found quite a bit of information about what the 960 is going to be like..

Their all saying this:

2GB (slight change of 4GB) GDDR5 VRAM

Base Clock:995 Boost Clock:1095?

256 Bit Memory Bus

Maxwell 2.0

Memory Frequency:6008(base)

Memory Bandwidth: 198GB/s?

Also this article might help:

http://www.maximumpc.com/nvidia_rumored_release_geforce_gtx_960_january_22_2015

Only found this on 390X-

http://videocardz.com/amd/radeon-rx-300/radeon-r9-390x

(That 390X look sexy! :P )

EDIT:I pretty sure this thread is going to be taken down cuz' of these

NVIDIA

and

AMD

Fan boys going all out on each other

Well shit

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

I still don't like the reference 390X being AIO. It really affects compatibility with systems people already have and for any normal TDP below 250W it just isn't necessary. If they had just stuck a non-rubbish blower on the 290X they wouldn't even be considering it.

I agree with Tim,that 390X design looks like ass,honestly why don't AMD just invest into making a really well designed good looking reference cooler like Nvidia has with their newer cards?

Shame they may ruin the look on the 390x. While the 290's cooler was shit, I liked the look of it. 

I agree with Tim,that 390X design looks like ass,honestly why don't AMD just invest into making a really well designed good looking reference cooler like Nvidia has with their newer cards?

I think it looks cool :(

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Unfortunately Only 4GB of vRam. 8GB would've been perfect for 4K. 

Interested in Business and Technology

is it what im fucking reading :o  :blink:

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Shame they may ruin the look on the 390x. While the 290's cooler was shit, I liked the look of it. 

my 270 asus looks way more cool then this shit looking beast lol

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

You don't need 8GB of vram for 4k currently, and I'm sure there will be revisions for the people who think they do.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

no support for HDMI? in390x?

come on....im running 4k single on 2 gigs.

my 270 asus looks way more cool then this shit looking beast lol

Hopefully you mean a non reference cooler, because honestly, anything looks better than the 7950's cooler. 

lets hope the GTX 970 drops in price :D

,meme-face-online.jpg

Why would it?

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Hopefully you mean a non reference cooler, because honestly, anything looks better than the 7950's cooler. 

yeah its  DCUII lol

Why would it?

lol just for fun  :D

You don't need 8GB of vram for 4k currently, and I'm sure there will be revisions for the people who think they do.

Do you guys remember when FHD just came out. Everybody back then thought that 2Gb of Vram was overkill. Besides Linus even has a video where he points out that one game ( Can't remember it) already went slightly above 4GB of vRam use. 

Do you guys remember when FHD just came out. Everybody back then thought that 2Gb of Vram was overkill. Besides Linus even has a video where he points out that one game ( Can't remember it) already went slightly above 4GB of vRam use. 

Than don't play that game stay cool with what you have instead of running after market hypes 

Than don't play that game stay cool with what you have instead of running after market hypes 

I know what I'm talking about. In two years you'll see that there will be that one game ( Battlefield 5/6 or w/e) that requires 6GB of vRam to run but otherwise would be fine with the GPU horsepower. But that's how this works, money has to be made. And what if I Really want to play that game?

My setup which has trouble with gaming at 4k maxed would like to have a talk with yours.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Wasn't that at 3x 3440x1440? That's nearly 15 mega pixels, 4k is 8.3 mega pixels. Honestly, we're not even close. I don't think there's a single (unmodded) game that uses more than 4GB of vram at 4k, if there is, I still don't think paying $100-200 extra to be able to max that game out is worth it (because that's how much it would cost extra for an 8GB card).

Yes, in the future games will need more than 4GB of vram, but for right now if there's not a single game that uses it, I don't see the point in spending the extra money. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

My setup which has trouble with gaming at 4k maxed would like to have a talk with yours.

He probably plays at super low detail or just CS:GO all day or something. ( Nothing against that btw.)

Wasn't that at 3x 3440x1440? That's nearly 15 mega pixels, 4k is 8.3 mega pixels. Honestly, we're not even close. I don't think there's a single (unmodded) game that uses more than 4GB of vram at 4k, if there is, I still don't think paying $100-200 extra to be able to max that game out is worth it (because that's how much it would cost extra for an 8GB card).

Yes, in the future games will need more than 4GB of vram, but for right now if there's not a single game that uses it, I don't see the point in spending the extra money. 

I've ordered two 4K monitors for some Eyefinity action, The problem is that I have a Mini ITX case and I really like it but there isn't a single GPU out there that has 8GB of Vram ro push my battlefield 6 at max settings. You need to think in the future not today.