Macbook pro restarting non stop

Nerykrugeer

Hello LTT community, I know many of us only use windows and linux and may have the hate for OS X. Well i encounter a problem with my 4 year old macbook pro, I'm at the beach for vacation, but sometimes need to send emails and look into schedules. Well let me get to the problem, yesterday I woke up and went to check somw emails and the laptop was perfectly working, and later in the day went to do the samething, well from the standby modd it frooze, did a hard restart, and turn on, and the problem began. The problem its called a kernel panic the computer does a non stop restar because something is getting a fatal error internally software or hardware. Well I got into single user mode, from there I can do some check, the only one I know is the HDD check, and sometimes gives a communication error in the single user mode while doing the check. I will try to put up some pictures from my gf laptop. But anybody knows what else I could do. I look arouns and saw many had a problem because of RAM, but I want to check that before I make many crazy assumptions, also its heating up faster, the fan is working and I cleaned about a month ago or so. It was working perfectly, had some freezes but wasnt frequent(that was a warning I guess) specs for the macbook pro is 2.4ghz P8600 with 4gb RAM, a 120gb SSD and a 320 HDD. With the new OSX 10.10 Yosemite. I cant get to recovery or safe mode without crashing in moment is loading the apple logo. Thanks for all the help. I will try to post the picture of the error I got on the laptop.

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Get in single user mode, go in to Disk utility, select your hard disk, and press repair permissions

Then check the hdd and see if you get errors

Those may take a very llng time!

And also, try booting the Mac up,and right after the boot sound press simultaneously CMD,ALT,P,R

And if it doesn't stop change the thermal paste

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Get in single user mode, go in to Disk utility, select your hard disk, and press repair permissionsThen check the hdd and see if you get errorsThose may take a very llng time!And also, try booting the Mac up,and right after the boot sound press simultaneously CMD,ALT,P,RAnd if it doesn't stop change the thermal paste

How I get to disk utility from the single user mode??

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

How I get to disk utility from the single user mode??

Applications>utility>disk utility

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Applications>utility>disk utility

I did that it show me utility: read only file system.

I typed /sbin/fsck -fy and at the end gave me volume OS appears to be ok.

However its heating the laptop up, not sure if it should or not heat up so much

Did you insall any app before the problem appeared?

-Linus

Can you boot into AHT? Command + D on startup (or if there is an internet connection, Option +D and that will use the recent version). This will run Apple Hardware Test and it will perform full HW diags.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

Did you insall any app before the problem appeared?

No I haven't installed anything a while, besides the upgrades for Yosemite

Can you boot into AHT? Command + D on startup (or if there is an internet connection, Option +D and that will use the recent version). This will run Apple Hardware Test and it will perform full HW diags.

I did try and freezes assoon the globe starts to do the search for errors ://

Im starting to wonder if its the cpu or the ram, because if its the cpu better off buying a new laptop :/// and if the RAM, still have some hope for the laptop

If it fails in AHT, then try reseating the RAM and try AHT again. If that doesn't work, try removing the battery (if it is easily removed). My friend's MacBook recently had a bad battery and the heat from the battery was causing the laptop to shut off.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

If it fails in AHT, then try reseating the RAM and try AHT again. If that doesn't work, try removing the battery (if it is easily removed). My friend's MacBook recently had a bad battery and the heat from the battery was causing the laptop to shut off.

O awesome, I cant really do that right now, because dont have the little screwdriver with me, i guess I will wait until my vacation is over.

I clear the RAM and still not work, but thanks I may check the baterry, but baterry is about a year old or so.

Do this^^

-Linus

Do this^^

I did try that, it freezes :///

I did try that, it freezes :///

Boot up while pressing cmd+r and get into recovery. You can reinstall OS X f from there.

-Linus

Boot up while pressing cmd+r and get into recovery. You can reinstall OS X f from there.

It freezes too :///, i cant really go far enough to do anything without freezing, and I dont have my dvd to do an installation of the software, i guess I will enjoy vacation, and work around on the phone. And go to the genius bar crap and see what they will tell me

If what i read was right, disk utility is giving you a communication error?
Could be a hard drive cable.  Those things literally have one job and they break all the time. 

Try to do a PRAM Reset.
Shut it down, and boot holding CMD, OPTION, P, and R.
Let it bong, it will shut down, once it starts again let go.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

If what i read was right, disk utility is giving you a communication error?

Could be a hard drive cable. Those things literally have one job and they break all the time.

Try to do a PRAM Reset.

Shut it down, and boot holding CMD, OPTION, P, and R.

Let it bong, it will shut down, once it starts again let go.

Done that one too, was looking in the web for things that could be, and that one make my system freeze too, even if I do when the laptop is cold.

Thanks for the help everyone, hopefully I will solve this soon.

Done that one too, was looking in the web for things that could be, and that one make my system freeze too, even if I do when the laptop is cold.

Thanks for the help everyone, hopefully I will solve this soon.

Looking more like a broken hard drive cable. 

It's a flat cable about two inces long, and it will run you about $60 if it is. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

Looking more like a broken hard drive cable.

It's a flat cable about two inces long, and it will run you about $60 if it is.

Well for now its the lowest price to fix, which im happy about it :))), just hope its not the last option that involves something with the logicboard. Abyways, Thank you very much :))