Finally got a WiiU

IdortMasterRace

Grabbed the Wind Waker bundle with the patterned controller.

ilkbkm.png

Grabbed the following games:

• Wind Waker HD (bundled with the console obviously)
  • Bayonetta
  • Bayonetta 2
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • ZombieU (it was a fiver and I remember thinking it looked cool, so it's worth a try)

And also have Smash, Mario Kart, and Hyrule Warriors in the household that I can play.

Anything I'm missing? Any earlier WiiU games worth looking in to?

You'll have a lot of fun to help pass the time until KOJIMA GIVES US A MOTHERFUCKING RELEASE DATE FOR TPP I SWEAR IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AT GDC THEN....well I'll probably just be sad :'(

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Nice! I haven't bought one myself yet and considering I still have an original wii and there's a new console in the works I'll probably be passing this one, but if I had to buy a console it would certainly be a wii u ^^ no online sub fee bs and that thing is CHEAP!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

ZombiU is GREAT.

Get Super Smash Bros U.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Anything I'm missing? Any earlier WiiU games worth looking in to?

That depends on what you have on other platforms... and what genres you like. 

To name a few: 

Rayman Legends

New Super Mario Bros U

Nintendo Land (It really is a lot of fun. There's a lot of content. And it's great for multi-player.)

Lego City Undercover

Pikmin 3

Deus Ex

Sonic Lost World

Donkey Kong

Hyrule Warriors

Make sure you check out the eShop. There's plenty of downloadables in there. 

In order of the most to least worth getting IMO. Obviously excluding the games you already have, most of which I'd put ahead of these.

- Retail - 

Donkey Kong Contry Tropical Freeze: The Wii U is great for 2D platformers and IMO this is the best of the bunch. Especially if you hate the idea of multiplayer in a 2D platformer

Rayman Legends: It's on other platforms but it's best on the Wii U. It's also probably the Wii U game I've poured the most amount of time into.

Nintendo Land: People like to give it crap but for what it is it's pretty fantastic. Mario Chase in particular is responsible for some of the most fun I've had on the platform.

Pikmin 3: I wouldn't call it a "must have" but it's very solid and if you're into that style of game then go for it

- eShop -

Shovel Knight: My favourite game from 2014, I'm serious about that. It's available on PC but you should get it on either Wii U or 3DS, because d-pad

NES Remix: The trailer explains it better than I could..... it's basically a compilation of Nintendo created NES ROM hacks and challenges...

Wii Sports Club: Wii Sports in HD with online. So it's a tougher sell now than it was in 2006 but you get a two day trial, it's worth giving it a spin at least. Personally I still love Golf

edit:

I don't have it yet because it's not out here yet but I've heard great things about Captain Toad. If it's anything like the little side-missions in 3D World then it'll be worth it.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Nice! I haven't bought one myself yet and considering I still have an original wii and there's a new console in the works I'll probably be passing this one, but if I had to buy a console it would certainly be a wii u ^^ no online sub fee bs and that thing is CHEAP!

What's that "new console in the works" or are there rumors already? I'm planning to get myself a Wii U and after reading your comment, it made me want to skip it if it's coming soon lol. Sorry if it's a noob question, just got into console stuffs recently and want to give it a try, been researching and checking reviews on PS4 vs Xbox vs Wii U and I think I'd like to give Wii U a shot because of its exclusive games xD

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | MoBo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: T-Force Delta RGB (2x8) 16GB 3200MHz (Black) | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | HDD: WD Black 2TB + Seagate Barracuda 4TB | SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB | PSU: Seasonic GX-550 | Monitor: 3x Asus VC239H |

What's that "new console in the works" or are there rumors already? I'm planning to get myself a Wii U and after reading your comment, it made me want to skip it if it's coming soon lol. Sorry if it's a noob question, just got into console stuffs recently and want to give it a try, been researching and checking reviews on PS4 vs Xbox vs Wii U and I think I'd like to give Wii U a shot because of its exclusive games xD

It's just rumors, we don't have a release date and it could very well be in three years, but apparently it's coming :) if you want a wii u, just get one, I personally don't feel a need to because I have the original wii.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Welcome to the Club :D. I love the WiiU for family time.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

• ZombieU (it was a fiver and I remember thinking it looked cool, so it's worth a try

All I can recommend has already been sugested, just wondered what you made of ZombieU?

I'd recommend Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. The story is poor/non-existent, but the entire game is basically just large over the top and extremely difficult boss battles which require skill if you want to make it out alive. The game is skill based (no exp/leveling up) with resource hunting/crafting and a constant feel of progression as you try to take on larger and more powerful monsters. Monster Hunter makes dark souls look like a kids game when comparing the difficulty and length of battles.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Welcome to the club!  :)  :)

Personal choose and favorite´s early wii u games:

Rayman Legends (One of my favorites, It´s very challenging, awesome gameplay, nice multiplayer, very nice graphics and it´s huge, 2 games in one just like bayonetta 2)

Pikmin 3 (Very nice strategy game with gameplay, story, graphics and humor, very challenging and addicted if you like to play games and break records) 

Batman Arkham city armored edition (There is also a newer Batman Arkham game, origins, but this amored edition is an exclusive for wii u, it includes all Batman Arkham City DLC´S, a new weapon and also it has a very nice gameplay using the game pad) 

Nintendo land (A lot of fun with friends, awesome multiplayer and probably the only game so far for the Wii U using the wii motion plus and gamepad controllers to their limits, best gameplay from all in my opinion) <-------A Must have!

Rayman Legends: It's on other platforms but it's best on the Wii U. It's also probably the Wii U game I've poured the most amount of time into.

@IdortMasterRace  Definitely.  And play with some one else.  It's even better.  

If you ever crave for shooters,Ghost Recon Phantoms is on this and if you have a family who uses it too,buy Scribblenauts

Link to my knowledge google.com .My most beloved store newegg.com

My tech:PS3,

i5 4690k,Msi R9 390,1600 mhz DDR3 8GB Avexir,Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3,Corsair Carbide Spec 03,Cooler Master VS650,Philips E Line 22 inch monitor,A4Tech illuminated kb crap and Gigabyte Force M7

i5 4200u,GT 740M and 4GB RAM

I forgot all about this thread.

Pikmin 3 is pretty awesome

I do plan to get Pikmin 3 at some point actually, I enjoyed the first two on the Gamecube.

In order of the most to least worth getting IMO. Obviously excluding the games you already have, most of which I'd put ahead of these.

- Retail - 

Donkey Kong Contry Tropical Freeze: The Wii U is great for 2D platformers and IMO this is the best of the bunch. Especially if you hate the idea of multiplayer in a 2D platformer

Nintendo Land: People like to give it crap but for what it is it's pretty fantastic. Mario Chase in particular is responsible for some of the most fun I've had on the platform.

Pikmin 3: I wouldn't call it a "must have" but it's very solid and if you're into that style of game then go for it

- eShop -

Shovel Knight: My favourite game from 2014, I'm serious about that. It's available on PC but you should get it on either Wii U or 3DS, because d-pad

NES Remix: The trailer explains it better than I could..... it's basically a compilation of Nintendo created NES ROM hacks and challenges...

Wii Sports Club: Wii Sports in HD with online. So it's a tougher sell now than it was in 2006 but you get a two day trial, it's worth giving it a spin at least. Personally I still love Golf

edit:

I don't have it yet because it's not out here yet but I've heard great things about Captain Toad. If it's anything like the little side-missions in 3D World then it'll be worth it.

Is Rayman Legends really better on WiiU? I have it on Steam so I probably wouldn't buy it again, just wondered what the differences are between both versions.

Captain Toad looks alright, I enjoy those mini Toad levels in 3D World so wouldn't mind getting it. It's a little cheaper than typical WiiU games I've noticed.

All I can recommend has already been sugested, just wondered what you made of ZombieU?

Haven't actually gotten around to playing it yet. I will update once I have.

I'd recommend Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. The story is poor/non-existent, but the entire game is basically just large over the top and extremely difficult boss battles which require skill if you want to make it out alive. The game is skill based (no exp/leveling up) with resource hunting/crafting and a constant feel of progression as you try to take on larger and more powerful monsters. Monster Hunter makes dark souls look like a kids game when comparing the difficulty and length of battles.

I'm a big Monster Hunter fan. I have 3 Ultimate on 3DS but it's a shit to play on a portable with just one analog stick. And, as it goes, it's currently on the UK eShop for £24.99 (it's going for around £40-50 online) so definitely going to buy that once I get paid in the week. Will be nice to play 3 on a proper controller.

I'm a big Monster Hunter fan. I have 3 Ultimate on 3DS but it's a shit to play on a portable with just one analog stick. And, as it goes, it's currently on the UK eShop for £24.99 (it's going for around £40-50 online) so definitely going to buy that once I get paid in the week. Will be nice to play 3 on a proper controller.

Since you already have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the 3DS you can transfer your save file and keep everything, the biggest difference from 3DS to Wii U are the full online multiplayer servers. Other than online, it's the same game between the two devices at a different resolution.

Unfortunately it appears that capcom has no intention of bringing monster hunter 4 ultimate to the wii u instead it will remain a 3DS exclusive (although I remain hopeful.)

Have you played other Monster Hunter games? Seeing as 3 ultimate on the 3DS and WiiU are the same, you may want to play a different version. One of the best in my opinion is Freedom Unite on the PSP. When played on an emulator with 10x native resolution, AA, AF, and all sorts of other PC enhancements it becomes comparable to the HD Wii U version of 3 Ultimate.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

i also got a wii u pefect for someone who also has a gming pc. i find the lack of good games coming out turned me to nintendo libary yets theres isnt to many games on there but there enough to keep me going for a while