'bout to air flow the hell out of my H440

xtasemusic

Hey guys. I'm about to x99 the hell out of my old useless Slow X79 ( obviously kidding ) and I was wondering what you guys think about the logo i plan to cut out of the front !.

Im probably going to do some other mods later but this is the logo. keep in mind some edges arent perfect. 

I designed the logo. I plan on using a dremel tool to try and achieve this look with it !

post-120929-0-78488700-1419805050_thumb.

Hey guys. I'm about to x99 the hell out of my old useless Slow X79 ( obviously kidding ) and I was wondering what you guys think about the logo i plan to cut out of the front !.

Im probably going to do some other mods later but this is the logo. keep in mind some edges arent perfect. 

I designed the logo. I plan on using a dremel tool to try and achieve this look with it !

Make sure to using masking around the panel and trace the design onto it before cutting and use reinforced cutting discs for this, those emery one shatter so fast especially since it's thick aluminum it will take some time.

Make sure to using masking around the panel and trace the design onto it before cutting and use reinforced cutting discs for this, those emery one shatter so fast especially since it's thick aluminum it will take some time.

Im going to use fiberglass reinforced 1-1/4'' discs for that, hopefully that will be fine. and yes, definitely masking tape all over !  I wonder if i should separate the ABS from the steel and just cut a big rectangle out in the plastic or just go through both, what are your thoughts ? 

I love the desing. its really cool !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Also for the love of god please get some magnetic dust filters for that unless you want a dust bunny

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I love the desing. its really cool !

HEY ! I JUST REALIZED YOU'RE IN MONTREAL TOO ! COOL ! haha, its rare to see people from quebec here on LTT.

HEY ! I JUST REALIZED YOU'RE IN MONTREAL TOO ! COOL ! haha, its rare to see people from quebec here on LTT.

lol yeah I know a few im actually in laval tho. montreal is just so people know where it is xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Also for the love of god please get some magnetic dust filters for that unless you want a dust bunny

Im planning on building a frame and putting some thin red cloth mesh over it so you can see through and so i can clean it easily.

Im planning on building a frame and putting some thin red cloth mesh over it so you can see through and so i can clean it easily.

Then I definitely want lots of pics of this when you do it

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I'd love to see the finished project once you complete it. Maybe sacrifice one of the drive bays to see how your dremel works with the metal before taking it to the front panel.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

Im going to use fiberglass reinforced 1-1/4'' discs for that, hopefully that will be fine. and yes, definitely masking tape all over !  I wonder if i should separate the ABS from the steel and just cut a big rectangle out in the plastic or just go through both, what are your thoughts ? 

I would take it apart less material to go through at once it'll also prevent the ABS from melting and building up, as for the edge though you will need to re-finish it since it will expose the silver aluminium below.

For the ABS you can use the reinforced cutting discs but you have to go slowly to melt through the material and prevent it from gumming up into a big mess.

I would take it apart less material to go through at once it'll also prevent the ABS from melting and building up, as for the edge though you will need to re-finish it since it will expose the silver aluminium below.

For the ABS you can use the reinforced cutting discs but you have to go slowly to melt through the material and prevent it from gumming up into a big mess.

I will probably use a hot knife i made. ( electrically heated knife ) goes through any plastic easily. Thanks for the advice, i think i will take it apart ! 

I'd love to see the finished project once you complete it. Maybe sacrifice one of the drive bays to see how your dremel works with the metal before taking it to the front panel.

I dont have drive bays , but I have a spare side panel from an old case that should work.although it seels like the front panel on the H440 is thinner that regular side panels. only one way to find out !

• 2 weeks later...

It looks amazing, it would be cool to have it cut into that front panel and put there some red mesh :)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

• 3 months later...

it looks awesome.

your gonna put a red mesh right?

MY PC: Some random ok-ish laptop

it looks awesome.

your gonna put a red mesh right?

still debating ! since airflow isnt all that bad in the case, i thought maybe i get a piece of acrylic that i would frost, and add red LED's to illuminate it. the mesh might get sucked in and dip a little , also the fabric is hard to find !

still debating ! since airflow isnt all that bad in the case, i thought maybe i get a piece of acrylic that i would frost, and add red LED's to illuminate it. the mesh might get sucked in and dip a little , also the fabric is hard to find !

I think you should mesh it, I think it would look awesome!

MY PC: Some random ok-ish laptop

I think frost acrylic would look good since it would be like the Razer H440 version with it's light up logo. If you do want a mesh though look at a local hardware store for pet screen it's fairly rigid so it won't fall into the fans easily, another one that's an extremely tight double weave is solar screen

Solar Screen:

supersolar_colors.gif

I think frost acrylic would look good since it would be like the Razer H440 version with it's light up logo. If you do want a mesh though look at a local hardware store for pet screen it's fairly rigid so it won't fall into the fans easily, another one that's an extremely tight double weave is solar screen

Solar Screen:

supersolar_colors.gif

ouhh that looks good ! 

• 5 weeks later...

So I traced it out ! Let me know if you want to see the cuts done ! 

Update?

I want to do something similar to my case cause I need more airflow !!!

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Following the hell out of this thread 

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Following the hell out of this thread 

lol forgot you can do that :P i just did it too i really want to see how this turns out

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread !