which one to choose?

i'm build a ne gaming system n i'm confused which os to choose  some of my friend say xp is gud but i don't believe them some  computer techs says take 7 n my uncle (who stays in canada) says 8 is better than any one u can bring the start button back...... etc etc !! i'm totally confused! which should i choose!!!?

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Choose Windows 8.

Go to www.ninite.com

Click all the programs you want (Antivirus, utility stuff like open office, etc) and choose "Classic Shell".

Bam, you have a start button AND Windows 8. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Many people get Windows 7 because they're used to it. If you're not, get Windows 8 because it's better.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Most people choose Windows 7. W7 and above is best as you get better performance, better features, and you get DX11. Windows XP and below do not support DX11. Between W7 and W8, it's up to you. You can get Start Menu replacements like this one: http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I heard that some games run better on Windows 7 than Windows 8?

i 'll go with windows 8! 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Go with Windows 7. I wouldn't touch 8 until both 8.1 *and* a service pack are released.

Windows 8.  It's a faster Windows 7.  Everything I ran on 7 runs on 8.  Don't like the UI?  Change it.

There is zero reason to buy 7 for a brand new PC.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

People that say get Win7 -> They don't want to learn something new. They are used to Win95 layout... they don't want change. Then complain how Microsoft is not innovating.

Windows 8 is awesome, but you have to spend about a month, with an open mind, to pass the learning curve, and start enjoying the OS. Once you do, you'll prefer over previous version of Windows.

It's exactly like Windows 7 task bar. People bitch and moan all day about it, and how it was a replica of the 'terrible' MacOS task bar, and the "new" Start Menu (despite being identical to Vista's..  shows you how many people actually looked at Vista, before talking), and now it's loved. Every version of Windows it's the EXACT same story. People say how awful the new version of Windows is, how stupid and "unproductive" it is, with crappy analysis to prove their claims, and then by the time the new Windows comes out, they go and say how the previous version of Windows, is so amazing.

My take: Windows 8 has a steep learning curve. Microsoft will not back down of Modern UI and the Start Screen. Microsoft already removed every traces of the the Start Menu code. It's gone for good. Waiting for Windows 9, will make the learning curve even steeper for you.

Like XP users that decided to skip Vista and 7... now they are sooooo screwed. Already, on forums I am seeing that XP users going to Win7, feels like explain what a computer is, to them. You don't upgrade, you are left in the dust.

i'm build a ne gaming system n i'm confused which os to choose  some of my friend say xp is gud but i don't believe them some  computer techs says take 7 n my uncle (who stays in canada) says 8 is better than any one u can bring the start button back...... etc etc !! i'm totally confused! which should i choose!!!?

haven't you learned yet? Never trust a Canadian!!! 

Joke. Go with 8, you'll have better driver support and after  a while you'll get used to it. And yes it's faster than 7.

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

I'd go with Windows 8, it boots faster and is superior in several ways. Haters gonna hate and the hate is called change.

Intel i7 5820K Asus X99-A | G.Skill 2133MHz 4x8GB | Asus STRIX GTX980 | 500GB Samsung EVO 840 | Corsair AX760W | Qnix WQHD Matte | Windows 10

thanks guys!!!

COMING SOON

Windows 8.

Windows 8 is based on Windows 7. Windows 8 has everything in windows 7 but with more features and a much sexyer native start menu.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

What do you currently use? Stick with Windows 7 if you feel comfortable with it but Windows 8 with an added start menu will be goodie.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?