Motherboard HDMI no signal

Pants21
Go to solution Solved by Jade,

Two things:

1. You're going to suffer from lesser performance. Your 970 won't be the one rendering the game ; you'll have the performance of integrated graphics.
  2. You need to enable iGPU multi-monitor in the BIOS.

Hi guys this is probably going to be a silly question :D . Recently i bought a 10m HDMI cable to play games on my TV. I currently have one HDMI cable connected to my monitor and my MSI GTX 970 and I have 1 more HDMI port on my ASUS Sabertooth mark 2 motherboard, however when I connect the HDMI cable to the motherboard port it says that there is no signal to the TV. Do I need to do something like set the display up in the BIOS or something? Any help is appreciated thanks!

Two things:

1. You're going to suffer from lesser performance. Your 970 won't be the one rendering the game ; you'll have the performance of integrated graphics.

Two things:

So I should do something like use a display port to HDMI adapter? Integrated graphics seems pretty bad and I don't want to keep plugging out and in my 2 HDMI cables  :)

Two things:

1.1, Check if you see the screen appear in the "Screen resolution" settings. You'll probably need to enable it. It's not just gonna activate it self. 

And if it's not showing up, you probably need to enable your iGPU in Bios.

I might be psycho.  :huh:

A simple way to fix it is to use another connection for you desktop monitor, DVI? 

I might be psycho.  :huh: