EVGA Launching New And Improved GeForce GTX 970 SSC

Opcode

I don't care about backplates and LEDs and all that other crap, and would rather not have them since that stuff isn't free. Just give me good consistent frametimes and I'm happy. And I don't get what's so ugly about seeing the PCB, the RAM chips, and so on through the window. I like my computer to look like a computer.

releasing a newer, cheaper SSC ACX 2.0

Is the power phase delivery still going to be sub-par compared to their competition? Slightly faster clock speeds mean nothing if they haven't addressed this.

It appears that MMCP will work essentially as a "front plate" while it is in fact intended for cooling. It's no back plate but may help keep the card from warping.

970_Insert.jpg

Bios switch seems to of taken over where the PCIe power connectors typically are.

bios.png

Also updated OP with a link, appears Newegg has them in stock.

All the 980s apart from the ridiculously expensive Classified, have no backplate as well. Other vendors have them for the same price or less.

They want you to pay freaking 20€ for a backplate + shipping. Ridiculous.

My reference 980 came with a backplate.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Nice! I'm saving up for  a 970 anyways, so this comes as a welcomed surprise. :)

Might still get an MSI one though. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Source

Can be purchased @ Newegg.

04G-P4-2975-KR_MD_1.jpg

mmcp.png[/spoir

shp.png

At this point what is the point of buying a GTX 980  :P

Looking at that, they took a leaf out of gigabyte's book, just look at the windforce cooler.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

My reference 980 came with a backplate.

Why are you talking about the reference GPU? It's designed by Nvidia and includes their own backplate.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Frankly they should be on the left of the card for a linear, clean cable run, but that's just me...

I don't understand

GgTv09o.jpg

Which number?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on