Corsair H100i ~ CPU Fan Error?

Stuffing

Hey, I got a Corsair H100i for Christmas and spent the last four hours installing it (lol noob.) (mostly struggled with my case as it's DEFECTIVE, THANKS COOLERMASTER)

After being installed, fans run on it, and now on start up my Asus Sabertooth x58 motherboard says a CPU Fan Error.

Could this be the result of not having a fan plugged into the cpu fan header or?

You need to plug in the fan header on the pump (the one with only one wire) to your MB CPU fan header. If you keep getting this error its an indication that the h100i pump may not be running(the pump speed should be between 2000 and 2500 rpm).

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

usually the CPU fan header is labeled CPU_FAN

plug the pump to that

if you have CPU_OPT use them for the fans on the radiator

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Plug the pump to the CPU_FAN this will help.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

they add these splitters with H100i for rad fans, use them to connect fans directly into pump and not MB (that way you can always change fan speeds) and there is one wire as FoxHound said; connect it to MB CPU_FAN slot and if you'll still get this message just ignore it. To make sure your pump is running you can install corsair link (you need to connect your pump to USB with the cable included). Hope this helped :)

post-90616-0-97018900-1419591917_thumb.j