What parts do I buy first?

TheConquor

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently building a new budget gaming PC and I don't know what parts to buy next. The 2 major parts I already have is the motherboard and power supply. I got $200 for Christmas so I don't know weather to buy the CPU+RAM or buy the GPU first. Also it is an AMD based system so that's why i can fit it under $200.

Thanks Everyone and Merry Christmas

TheConquor

If anything get the case or motherboard first at least then when you get the other parts you will have somewhere to put them

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

But if amd I would get the cpu first if it's about 200

Edit: damn you auto correct

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

hmm... I would wait until I have all the money.

Maybe the graphicscard/ cpu/ ram get cheaper the longer you wait.

Cpu (some), ram, a hard drive and a case will give you a working pc right away.  You might be able to do this for under $200 if you get lucky and if you look at buying some used parts too.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Like I said in my first post I already have my motherboard, so if your suggesting getting my CPU first then ill get the ram at the same time. I'm going with an AMD FX 6300 as its only $129 and its a great processor

Cpu (some), ram and a case will give you a working pc right away.

That is exactly what I was thinking to myself, I wont be able to game on in but it will work

If you already have a base system, I would start with the things that usually last longer, though you already have the power supply. If you can, use your current PC and wait until you get a deal on the proc, since you probably won't be able to use the system anyways without a proc and ram, I think those are the last things you need in the system to get you up and running right?

If you already have a base system, I would start with the things that usually last longer, though you already have the power supply. If you can, use your current PC and wait until you get a deal on the proc, since you probably won't be able to use the system anyways without a proc and ram, I think those are the last things you need in the system to get you up and running right?

Yes I already do have the PSU, and like you said the processor and ram is really what will get the PC up and running. So based on the input that everyone has put in I think that I will go with the CPU and RAM first.

Thanks for everyone's Help!!!

TheConquor

Case, PSU, casefans, any LED's, fan controller, that kind of thing. Buy the motherboard, cpu and gpu at the same time. Buy HDD's/SSD whenever. 

Case, Motherboard and PSU are good starters.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/THNVZf

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($244.00 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($51.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($164.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB AMP! Extreme Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define C TG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.99 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: LG 32GK650F-B 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($396.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1276.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-12 03:07 EDT-0400

If anything get the case or motherboard first at least then when you get the other parts you will have somewhere to put them

CKWTTR1.png

Honestly, I think it's better to buy all at once or not at all. New components come out every day, and even existing components also get cheaper. Plus, you can't actually use anything until you have it all. Overall, you'll either save money or get a better system if you just wait until you can buy all at once.

Honestly, I think it's better to buy all at once or not at all. New components come out every day, and even existing components also get cheaper. Plus, you can't actually use anything until you have it all. Overall, you'll either save money or get a better system if you just wait until you can buy all at once.

CKWTTR1.png

I would be comfortable buying the parts that are slowest to be outdated first, like a power supply or a case.

What parts do you already have?

This belongs in the New Builds and Planning section. I'm moving the thread.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.