Anyone still own old CPU's?

Athlon XP 2400+ that is still functional.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

people give me their old computers, i open them, see if they are good, if they are i use them, if they aren't i open them and pick all the parts.

my cellar is literally full of boxes of old pc parts.

and by full i mean really full

Take all the gold and sell it!

Take all the gold and sell it!

i usually sell some of those cpus on ebay

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

My smallest drill bit was incredibly blunt so I had to make the pilot hole with a hammer and nail, lol.

This is what happened to my CPU. It's scratched and the attempted drilling spot was caused by a drill bit for wood. I didn't even realize it until I realized it wasn't going through. Same goes with those little marks. Drill bit was jumping around a little. Posted Image

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This is what happened to my CPU. It's scratched and the attempted drilling spot was caused by a drill bit for wood. I didn't even realize it until I realized it wasn't going through. Same goes with those little marks. Drill bit was jumping around a little. 

No matter. It gives it it's own personal flavour.

It screams: hey, I was never intended for this use but ones creativity has risen me to new heights

It lulls: while I may no longer function correctly and serve your needs, I have lived a well and fruitful life

... or something along those lines.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

I think my first computer, a Mac Performa 580CD is still kicking around somewhere. Last I knew, it's 33 MHz Motorola 68040 processor is still as functional as ever.

Though the same cannot be said of it's built-in CRT display, which made scary crackling noises and an ozone-like odor last time I tried to turn it on.

2 Pentium 4s, a Prescott and a Northwood IIRC.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Yeh, a pentium 4... I tried getting the heatsink off and make the cpu into a keychain like other people on this post have... the thermal paste is better that some of the fucking super glue I've used... and I'm covered in dust...

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

Yeh, I'm fairly sure I own the oldest CPU around, well at least the member who looks at this thread with the oldest CPU. 

Pentium II MMX, SECC cooler, and there is no socket, rather a slot!

[spoiler=Before *Teardown*/Clean]

5dii9b5.jpg

fwhMJYs.jpg

ElHUMFw.jpg

qv9FPbc.jpg

4BWHADJ.jpg

WBJFDDq.jpg

There's quite a few pics, and once again they are al of horrible quality thanks to my iPoop 4th Gen.

For me removal of the heatsink and exposure of the PCB would be almost impossible, there's pretty much no way around getting it off without damaging it somehow. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I still have my first pc at my dad's house and it has a pentium 100mhz. It was a used pc from my uncle. I think I got it in 1997. I think. Don't remember exactly.

Great times.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Yeh, a pentium 4... I tried getting the heatsink off and make the cpu into a keychain like other people on this post have... the thermal paste is better that some of the fucking super glue I've used... and I'm covered in dust...

Heat it up first and then remove the heat sink. The thermal paste becomes more gooey.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Heat it up first and then remove the heat sink. The thermal paste becomes more gooey.

The thing hasn't turned on for like 8 years... Idk why ( wasn't interested in PCs back then) and neither did A&R so they just gave us a new one. 

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

I have a bunch of 1.7GHz P4s, a 1.6GHz P4, a 1.5GHz P4, a couple 2.8GHz P4s (Prescott non-HT, Prescott HT, maybe, and a Northwood non-HT), 2.66GHz Prescott P4 on LGA 775, 3.2GHz P4 Prescott on 775, a 3.2GHz Celeron D on 775, 500MHz PIII (slot 1 for HELIOS), and then the trusty 2.4GHz Northwood HT in my Dell (Socket 478, of course).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The thing hasn't turned on for like 8 years... Idk why ( wasn't interested in PCs back then) and neither did A&R so they just gave us a new one. 

You might be able to bake it in an oven for a little.

AMD 3200+

Still rocking flash games like a bawse.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Posted Image

2.8GHz Pentium 4 xD I remember the day I dismantled the computer it powered when I got my parts for my new build lel

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

There's an old computer in my parents closet (that I'm pretty sure still works.) with a pentium 4 I believe. 

That's about as old as it gets for me though.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Non-removeable:

AMD 1982 286

Cyrix 486 33MHz

Removeable:

AMD 1992 DX-40

Celeron 500MHz

2x Slot 1 Celerons (the original and the second gen-both are pos)

AMD k6-2

Pentium 3 667MHz

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I had a old pentium from my birth year, Lost it. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

My oldest is i5 4690K .ROFL

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

Pentium 3 without a pin (I place it in the socket and then I place the cpu), Pentium 4 (founded next to a trashcan) and my q8200 that I use in the "gaming" rig

My oldest CPU is an AMD Athlon XP 2600+

It's sitting in a GIGABYTE 7VM400M-RZ and it still works.

It's running Windows XP like a boss.

See attached picture. :D

post-89076-14201103014901_thumb.jpg

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

I've got a P4 HT in a Toshiba Satellite A60 and a dying P4 non-HT...